• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Wheel Switch problems

Hi all,

One week with the new the GT and I'm loving it!

One problem though, the Wheel Switch doesn't seem to op be operating correctly.  I can scroll up and down through the various dash information display items.  However, I can't seem to reset anything, access the heated grips or the menu.  Short push, long push nothing seems to work. 

Either I'm losing my mind or the wheel is defective.  I had to travel about three hours to get the bike and I'd hate to go back (although it's a nice ride) for something silly.

Am I missing anything?  When the manual says push, it's a push towards the dash or inwards toward the switch box right??

the menu buttons on the pre 2019s were designed by someone who hated the lil click buttons make to let you know it was pressed...these buttons dont click ?
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

• Supporting Member
Hi all, 
One week with the new the GT and I'm loving it!

One problem though, the Wheel Switch doesn't seem to op be operating correctly.  I can scroll up and down through the various dash information display items.  However, I can't seem to reset anything, access the heated grips or the menu.  Short push, long push nothing seems to work. 

Either I'm losing my mind or the wheel is defective.  I had to travel about three hours to get the bike and I'd hate to go back (although it's a nice ride) for something silly.

Am I missing anything?  When the manual says push, it's a push towards the dash or inwards toward the switch box right??

It's a push toward (perpendicular to) the handlebar.  My wheel is pretty positive and works as designed (so far). 

2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT (Annabelle)
2013 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Juliette)
2013 Yamaha FJR 1300 (Rachel)
2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250S (Fiona)
2006 Honda VFR800 (Jenny)
2005 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Hannah)
2003 Honda Shadow Sabre VT1100 (Veronica)

Mine works ok but I don’t like it very much.

Easy to scroll past the option you want and click not very positive and can scroll on when trying to select.

Almost impossible to use accurately with right thumb when on the move.

Vic

i was playing around with the wheel switch this morning on the way to work, seems to work as advertised, turned on the heated grips by scrolling to the grip icon on the dash , it started blinking , pushed the wheel switch in, it brought up a heat level indicator on the dash...

Are you playing with the wheel / buttons while stopped?
Stopped, moving, starting, park mode, kick stand up, kick stand down, etc...  Crazy, can't get the thing to work. Going for a ride tonight with some friends so I'll see if any of them can get it to work.  Otherwise I guess I'll be taking a 3 hour trip back to the dealer I bought the bike from B-|

i was playing around with the wheel switch this morning on the way to work, seems to work as advertised, turned on the heated grips by scrolling to the grip icon on the dash , it started blinking , pushed the wheel switch in, it brought up a heat level indicator on the dash...
Well ok this is weird too. When I scroll to the heated grip menu on the dash, the heated grip icon doesn't blink. Are you saying when you scroll to the icon, it starts blinking?   Or does it start blinking [em]after[/em] you push the wheel switch?? 

I actually like the scroll wheel personally. After you get used to it the awkwardness subsides. I don't typically use it much as I have Trip a and used gas always on the screen.. Which is the most important stat to me. I imagine I'll keep heat highlighted in the cooler months.
2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT

Now done just over 2k mile on the GT now, I like the wheel and haven't had any issues using it.

However, I can't understand how/ when the fuel used number gets re-set. It doesn't seem to be a rider option (Full disclosure: I'm a Male, therefore I haven't read the manual, only flicked through it). I think it re-sets automatically when the fuel tank is empty, but who lets that happen???? 

Can anyone who has taken the time to read the manual help?

Cheers
Steve

Archived