differences between models

what are the differences between models in terms of faults..
2015 had a recall on h/bar bolts coming loose

2016 water pump 

2017?

the reason why I'm asking is there's quite a few choices tracer 900 with low mileage.
not all will have bothered with recalls.
some weren't even recalls here you had to push for a replacement.
2015 models by now will be out of warranties and 2016 will be soon.
just asking to get a general view of each model so I can decide what to get.
the 2017 model mention earlier might be sold before I get in touch with the dealer.

Hadn't heard of the water pump, the oil cooler changed in 2017 I think.
2016 has a revised oil pan, plastics around the seat (they crack where they make contact with the seat itself), shock absorber (original one rusts).
2017 has an extra level of traction control, assist and slipper clutch. Can't access diagnostics through the screen, need to use an OBD2 tool, and therefore can't adjust CO2 or see the screen to adjust APM. Revised fuel map that's apparently smoother. ECU changed a little so wasn't fully remappable at first, I believe it is now though.

The only official 'recall' (at least in the UK) is the handlebar mounts.

2015- ability to use the onboard code scanner and diag

2017- extra 2 modes of TC iirc and no ability to use on board code scanner/diag- can make a "code scanner" to read codes

2019- start of color dash screen, 1" longer swingarm and has a few diffrent parts that are not compatible with pre-2109

this is for US bikes...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

2017- extra 2 modes of TC iirc and no ability to use on board code scanner/diag- can make a "code scanner" to read codes

2019- start of color dash screen, 1" longer swingarm and has a few diffrent parts that are not compatible with pre-2109

this is for US bikes...
Didn't 2017 also include the slipper clutch?  Never mind, that was pointed out in an earlier reply.....

this is for US bikes...
Didn't 2017 also include the slipper clutch?  Never mind, that was pointed out in an earlier reply.....
I understand that the swing-arm is actually 6cm (60mm) = a shade less than 2.5" longer on the GT.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

this is for US bikes...

not a slipper clutch but more of "slip/assit", softer downshifts/lighter pull... can be retrofitted to earlier model's for like $225...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

the reason why I'm asking is there's quite a few choices tracer 900 with low mileage.
not all will have bothered with recalls.
some weren't even recalls here you had to push for a replacement.
2015 models by now will be out of warranties and 2016 will be soon.
just asking to get a general view of each model so I can decide what to get.
the 2017 model mention earlier might be sold before I get in touch with the dealer.
why used. used prices are 6-7k and new left overs are 7-8k. the thousand dollar difference is worth it for a warranty and tires. but the accessories ppl have added maybe worth it. 

might be in the USA but not here.
new ones are $10,748,
used ones are around $8,000 -$8600 depending on year and mileage.

bought the 2017 model got a good deal I think. getting it this weekend all being well.
heres picture(dealers own pic) got roughly 2 year yamaha warranty. only done 1,202 miles.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600_1.jpg

Archived