Givi SR2122 topbox fitting kit - order now from Italy

If anyone is feeling flush you can buy the rack from here for a cool £12000. http://www.hard-motorcycle-luggage.co.uk/acatalog/givi-sr2122-top-case-mounting-yamaha-mt-09-tracer-15-on.html

Out of interest, whats the advantage/disadvantage of the SR2122 compared the the yamaha luggage rack? I've been given an E29 (monolock?) givi topbox with a universal base plate. Looks like I could screw it to a yamaha rack. Or for a similar price I could get the SR2122 with the m5m plate.

I'll probably upgrade the topbox in the future, but i'm guessing even the givi rack can take adapters for other makes? (SW Motech Trax for example). Never had luggage before and just wanted a cheap option to get started really. Seemed a shame not to make use of this topbox.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If anyone is feeling flush you can buy the rack from here for a cool £12000. http://www.hard-motorcycle-luggage.co.uk/acatalog/givi-sr2122-top-case-mounting-yamaha-mt-09-tracer-15-on.html 
Out of interest, whats the advantage/disadvantage of the SR2122 compared the the yamaha luggage rack? I've been given an E29 (monolock?) givi topbox with a universal base plate. Looks like I could screw it to a yamaha rack. Or for a similar price I could get the SR2122 with the m5m plate.

I'll probably upgrade the topbox in the future, but i'm guessing even the givi rack can take adapters for other makes? (SW Motech Trax for example). Never had luggage before and just wanted a cheap option to get started really. Seemed a shame not to make use of this topbox.

The Yamaha rack is not suitable for carrying boxes according to the instructions

I did see that actually. But then the bike isn't supposed to be able take panniers and top box but people are doing it. If it can take weight and you can secure it properly I don't see what difference it would make. How can they specify the type of luggage?

• Premium Member

the SR2122 comes without a base plate so you can save yourself the £35 for an M5M plate and just use the universal plate you already have for your E29 box 
I'm sure it would be possible to fit other makes of base plate to the SR2122 rails

The main advantage of the SR2122 is that some of the load is taken by the pannier rail mounts. Other plates just mounted to the grab handle mounts will put all of the load onto the rear subframe. I'd rather at least some of the load is taken by a part of the frame designed to take a luggage load.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Does the m5m plate just bolt to the sr2122 rails? The universal Base plate I have is completely flat. I can't find a picture of just the rack to know what it'd look like with a flat plate on top.

• Premium Member
I think everyone has fitted either a M7 or M5 monokey plate as the Monokey boxes are larger and more substantial with a 3 point mounting system. These have holes that align with the holes pre-drilled on the brackets. In the unlikely situation where the M5M plate does not have holes predrilled in the right place it would be simple to make your own holes in the right place.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Guest bmidd
Ran into a fellow @ Deals Gap yesterday that had one of the Givi racks fitted to his, he ordered it through his company from Italy. It looked nice and hopefully they will distribute them in the US soon.

• 2 weeks later...
Well my givi rack arrived last week and is all fitted.
I'm using a monolock box , as it's what I had lying around but I intend to get the V47 carbon look with smoked reflectors so will need the monokey plate as well. Item arrived in around three weeks from Italy which was fater than Mand S newcastle and cheaper.

I think the rack looks much nicer than the yamaha one which is HUGE !

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Thanks for the tip regarding this kit, perfect for the tracer! I am considering ordering the led stop lights: http://www.accessorimotostore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1537_760_4726&products_id=16502 
However, at the moment it's easy and convenient to take the box on/off, will that change with the lights installed..?

No, you get a connector, not unlike the sort of thing in a satnav cradle that transfers power from the base to the box - might even be some pictures if you search all the pages in this thread...

• 2 weeks later...
Have you sorted out the brake light connection?

I have the V46 which doesn't have a dual connector, however I've foregone the brake light and have used the connector for a dual USB socket mounted in the top box. Initially I pushed the wire into an un-switched connection I found in the white connector block under the rider's seat (looking at the connector from the left hand side of the bike it is the right hand wire furthest away from you) having said that it's not something I was happy doing, I have no idea what I was piggy backing off.

One of the members here has wired his to a PDM60 distribution box, the route I have subsequently taken. The unit is not cheap at £130, but will give you 6 power leads - it is an electronic fuse box, so if something does go wrong in the top box (or whatever else you hook up to it) the PDM will shut power till you recycle the power - provided the fault has been cleared the power is restored, no need for fuses.

• 2 months later...

Archived