Givi SR2122 topbox fitting kit - order now from Italy

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Happy01, 
If you check my plate pictures from last night, you can spot tri-contact connector. I can make better shot tonight when I'm back from Ace.

Just viewed it on my computer and can see the pics.
Thanks Ian

• 2 weeks later...
...  you can spot tri-contact connector.
Forgive me if I'm being a bit thick here ... 
How did you 'punch' out the part on the plate to fit the connector, Givi completely omit that part in the fitting instructions for the V46. I have read that someone drilled it out, I did this about 8 years ago with an older style plate and am sure I didn't drill it. The connector does get installed from the top of the plate doesn't it?

How did you run your cable ?

After getting fed up with waiting for my dealer to get hold of the top box rack from Yamaha, I've now ordered a rack from the Italian mob, its cheaper then what the dear was quoting anyway. I don't need to get a plate as I already had the discontinued M11 plate which will be handy as it is a sports plate as well.

...  you can spot tri-contact connector.
Forgive me if I'm being a bit thick here ... 
How did you 'punch' out the part on the plate to fit the connector, Givi completely omit that part in the fitting instructions for the V46. I have read that someone drilled it out, I did this about 8 years ago with an older style plate and am sure I didn't drill it. The connector does get installed from the top of the plate doesn't it?

How did you run your cable ?

I used screwdriver and hammer to punch hole in plate and just hammer when doing same in top box. In both elements  plastic is slightly thinner than the rest of the surface so it is easy to punch through.

As for connector, it goes from the top so you need to run cables through hole first. I routed my cable, by removing tail light and passing cable through the gap between tail light hole and light itself.

I used screwdriver and hammer to punch hole in plate
Thanks, worked a treat - couple of bashes and pop, out it came - just needed that re-assurance ;) I was a bit 'lazy' and pushed the tail light down a bit and fed the cable through. 

steve, please ignore this thread, nothing to see here 

Thinking I should have heeded your advice ::) Mind you the Givi was pretty much on top of my fettling list. 

The rack uses spacers on the top luggage rails to move the rail a little away from the bike.  The footpeg spacers move the footpegs away the corresponding amount. Saves your passenger getting a pannier in the butt, but probably adds to the John Wayne walk.  I actually think the whole kist has been very well thought out and put together.
 I guess that only make sense if you go with panniers as I don;'t think people going with topbox mount would have noticed any difference at all?!
The penny's finally dropped for me as to why there are spacers for the foot pegs. 
They are needed if you fit the pannier kit, one of the mounting points is behind each foot peg, the Givi spacer is needed to keep the pannier rails the correct distance from the bike top and bottom. Without them the top mounting will be further out than the base. That'll be tonight's job, fitting the spacers.

I agree, the Givi kit has been well thought out.

Yes @johan, they work like a roll bag. Will be using them out on Friday, think I'll be testing their waterproofing abilities on my ride home from Scotland on Monday.

I think the cases are ready, mine have a QA date of end of Jan but the rails have a date stamp end of March, so probably that's the hold up.

The rails and cases are locked onto the bike and they supply a padlock for each case too.

17313948401_a4a6d34825_c.jpg
IMG_2373_v1 by stevephi, on Flickr

17106957227_f86d90192a_c.jpg
IMG_2374_v1 by stevephi, on Flickr

Archived