Givi SR2122 topbox fitting kit - order now from Italy

I did by myself - easier if you have an assistant as you have to fit some spacers so an extra pair of hands will help with alignment 
It will be interesting to hear if anyone bothers with the footpeg spacers. 
I still don't get it. What these spacers for footpegs have in common with rack?  I'm not going to bother either if there is no reasonable explanation for that...
The rack uses spacers on the top luggage rails to move the rail a little away from the bike.  The footpeg spacers move the footpegs away the corresponding amount. Saves your passenger getting a pannier in the butt, but probably adds to the John Wayne walk.  I actually think the whole kist has been very well thought out and put together. 

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I still don't get it. What these spacers for footpegs have in common with rack?  I'm not going to bother either if there is no reasonable explanation for that...
The rack uses spacers on the top luggage rails to move the rail a little away from the bike.  The footpeg spacers move the footpegs away the corresponding amount. Saves your passenger getting a pannier in the butt, but probably adds to the John Wayne walk.  I actually think the whole kist has been very well thought out and put together.
 I guess that only make sense if you go with panniers as I don;'t think people going with topbox mount would have noticed any difference at all?!

• Premium Member
has anyone got their delivery yet? Mine is out for delivery since 5:27am...and UPS centre is 1.3 miles away from my work address!
so you are probably last on the driver's route. Furthest away pre 9am one would have been done first, then the pre-noon ones, then the rest, with you last! I've had UPS deliveries as late as 6pm.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

fitted. Installation is very easy and doing it myself wasn't that difficult. I bolted on all pieces and let arms rest on tail, then put M7 plate over it and started putting bolts. I used this occasion to wire my Remote control lock wiring, which also contains stop light feature in case I go with LED strips in V47 box. I couldn't test box yet as it is still at work. I'll probably ride tomorrow or Saturday to pick it up and test if my remote control functionality actually works. I've tested +12V on M7 plate contacts and it's there, so only pairing lock with remote control fob and all should dance and sing :)

Image quality is poor due to lighting conditions and also lack of flash when taking them (low battery).

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-10wo7N9KGVQ/VR2yohTSycI/AAAAAAAAY14/GTZvvatf4H4/w1491-h843-no/IMAG1328.jpg
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-NXaMUEtrwS8/VR2yuX-vI_I/AAAAAAAAY2E/OFcM28F7kEc/w1491-h843-no/IMAG1329.jpg
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-e3DOMLxLGtI/VR2y1LLLuhI/AAAAAAAAY2Q/uTzzvjuu-5k/w1491-h843-no/IMAG1330.jpg

end result should be exactly like the one below

I had same issue with mine. Locking it to plate was real struggle. I thought initially it was down to the power connector on the M7 plate for powering up remote control, but it turned out to be just stiffness in locking mechanism. I used bit more force while pressing silver button to help slide into the position.

I had same issue with mine. Locking it to plate was real struggle. I thought initially it was down to the power connector on the M7 plate for powering up remote control, but it turned out to be just stiffness in locking mechanism. I used bit more force while pressing silver button to help slide into the position.

Give it a spray underneath where the sliding plate is.
Thought mine was on until I tapped it upwards and off it popped.
Since I lubed it with superlube it goes on very easy with that reassuring clonk.
Fitted the backrest to it too.
Just ordered the M7 plate with the silver insert because I prefer the look of that.
So I have and unused m5 plate up for grabs.

Give it a spray underneath where the sliding plate is. Thought mine was on until I tapped it upwards and off it popped.
Since I lubed it with superlube it goes on very easy with that reassuring clonk.
Fitted the backrest to it too.
Just ordered the M7 plate with the silver insert because I prefer the look of that.
So I have and unused m5 plate up for grabs.

Any pics of the electric connector ?

Archived