GT Corbin Seat are coming!

thepmh

• Premium Member

I hate to rain on this parade, but Corbin s***ks a$$.  Sorry but their customer service is sheet and I've found that their seat, after ~10K miles, still doesn't "break in" as they said it would.  I wouldn't use another Corbin if they gave it to me.  Maybe other riders have had a better experience, but for my money, I'll be shopping elsewhere.

I would also point out that a "group buy" would be nothing more than a headache.  When I got my Corbin they expected me to fit it to my FJ-09 and then ship it back to them with feedback and they would adjust it to fit my bike.  A bunch of sheep skat if you ask me.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

They did give it to me, and its pretty good. the seat feels more planted, and cups you in place. The heating element works well like a warm hug on your butt. I am only 155 lbs but it is definitely better right off the bat in just in the 200 miles I've done over the weekend with it

corbin trip2.jpg

corbin trip.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/28/2019 at 2:59 PM, thepmh said:

They did give it to me, and its pretty good. the seat feels more planted, and cups you in place. The heating element works well like a warm hug on your butt. I am only 155 lbs but it is definitely better right off the bat in just in the 200 miles I've done over the weekend with it

corbin trip2.jpg

Your bike look amazing man can you list your upgrade ?!

Edited by hitness911
  • Thumbsup 1

3 hours ago, hitness911 said:

Your bike look amazing man can you list your upgrade ?!

Thanks! if you mean for just the seat, I got black leather and black vynil for the sides, with blue stitching and blue piping and a blue logo with the heated option. I also got the backrest but I keep it off unless a passenger requests it.

The other mods- I painted my side panels cause I did not like the Silver for the GT. I have a front fender extender, Evotech Performance radiator guard and I painted a nightwing logo on it. I removed the Tracer goo GT stickers and put tank pads on the tank. I have an akrapovic titanium exhaust, sprint hi flow air filter, cut the intake air box. Blue rim reflectors, blue levers, axle sliders, FJR 1300 foot pegs, ermax sport screen, tach protector, painted the passenger grab rails the yamaha blurple. Denali sound bomb horn, kick stand pad, ebay LED blinkers, ebay tail tidy and an integrated tail light. I also put on the Givi crash bars, but they are not pictured

Edited by thepmh
  • Thumbsup 1

2 hours ago, hitness911 said:

do you have the link for the side tank pads they look wayy nicer than any i've seen

Thanks for the list I might steal some of your upgrade idea  :P

also how do you like your akrapovic ?

This is for my sides 

WWW.TOTALSTICKERS3D.COM

Tank protection compatible for motorcycles AMAHA MT 900 GT TRACER; Product made of polyurethane resin protects and beautifies your tank.

And I have this for the top

WWW.TOTALSTICKERS3D.COM

Tank protection compatible for motorcycles YAMAHA MT 900 GT TRACER; Product made of polyurethane resin protects and beautifies your tank.

The akra ti is awesome. Looks great (I love not seeing the exhaust from the front or back) and is loud with the baffle out. I cut the back half of the baffle insert off and put it back, so it is louder and deeper than with the full baffle in, like normal, but not too loud that freeway riding sucks. I get my flashed ECU back this weekend from vcyclenut.com so I will be able to better say power difference with that once I get it back

painted panels1.jpg

Edited by thepmh

On 2/21/2019 at 11:56 AM, thepmh said:

Thanks! if you mean for just the seat, I got black leather and black vynil for the sides, with blue stitching and blue piping and a blue logo with the heated option. I also got the backrest but I keep it off unless a passenger requests it.

The other mods- I painted my side panels cause I did not like the Silver for the GT. I have a front fender extender, Evotech Performance radiator guard and I painted a nightwing logo on it. I removed the Tracer goo GT stickers and put tank pads on the tank. I have an akrapovic titanium exhaust, sprint hi flow air filter, cut the intake air box. Blue rim reflectors, blue levers, axle sliders, FJR 1300 foot pegs, ermax sport screen, tach protector, painted the passenger grab rails the yamaha blurple. Denali sound bomb horn, kick stand pad, ebay LED blinkers, ebay tail tidy and an integrated tail light. I also put on the Givi crash bars, but they are not pictured

Just bought a 2016 tracer and was wondering how you like the Ermax Sport Windscreen. How's the wind noise compared to stock (or other) screens? I know you have the newer model, but Ermax also makes the sport screen for the older model.

45 minutes ago, Guido said:

Just bought a 2016 tracer and was wondering how you like the Ermax Sport Windscreen. How's the wind noise compared to stock (or other) screens? I know you have the newer model, but Ermax also makes the sport screen for the older model.

I like the ermax sport. You feel the wind pushing you back more if you are constantly on the freeway, but the noise is much quieter. I psyched myself thinking it didnt do anything, but with the sport screen on, I ducked down and had the wind blowing on my shield and instantly remembered the helmet noise previously. so it is much quieter wind and I like it

• Thumbsup 1

35 minutes ago, thepmh said:

I like the ermax sport. You feel the wind pushing you back more if you are constantly on the freeway, but the noise is much quieter. I psyched myself thinking it didnt do anything, but with the sport screen on, I ducked down and had the wind blowing on my shield and instantly remembered the helmet noise previously. so it is much quieter wind and I like it

Cool. Thanks. I think I'll order one. Really like the looks. Especially the Gray Satin one 🙂. How tall are you btw? 

1 minute ago, thepmh said:

yeah, I think it goes well with the bike. I am 5' 10"

Perfect! Me too 🙂. I've placed the order for the screen. Will post back here on my findings. 

Really like the mods you did btw. Seat looks very comfy too! I bought my tracer second hand. Previous owner added quite some mods, including the akrapovic titanium like yours. I don't know why but every time I'm lane splitting it's like the red sea parting before me 🙂

haha, awesome! We have a bill that has two more steps to be a law here in utah to allow lane splitting/filtering. I realllllly hope it passes. between my exhaust and Denali sound bomb, it is going to be fun sneaking up on people on their phones. haha. 

thanks! it's fun to change it to make it "yours" I have done about 25 mods to mine so far and the seat was definitely a great choice!

• 1 month later...

Sat on one at Corbin in Daytona and thought it would be very comfortable for long rides. Problem for me was it was very tall and could not be lowered. Well built and looked great too, but was higher than high setting of stock seat.

9 hours ago, gerdawg said:

Did they remove the pushing forward tilt feel with the Corbin over stock? I'm looking to purchase soon but that's really the deciding factor for me.

yeah, I dont feel like i am pushed into the tank with my corbin. it buckets your butt well further back. 

51 minutes ago, RandyN said:

Sat on one at Corbin in Daytona and thought it would be very comfortable for long rides. Problem for me was it was very tall and could not be lowered. Well built and looked great too, but was higher than high setting of stock seat.

If they are close enough for you, RandyN, it may be worth having them customize it so it is lower or shaving the sides by the tank so you can get better footing. I'm 5'10" and liked the seat in the high position before I got the corbin, so it worked perfect for me and I had them leave it as it was. I could get the balls of both feet down together, but not flat foot.  My Mom got the mt07 and a custom corbin seat and she likes to flat foot the ground so she had them lower the top padding a little, scooted her butt forward cause she likes to be closer to the tank, and shaved the sides of the front so it was not as wide. we are both very pleased with how they came out and hardly ride with the back rests connected, but it's nice to have

corbin trip1.jpg