GT Corbin Seat are coming!

thepmh

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, fjrpittsburgh said:

comfortable seats are for cagers.  It's a motorcycle.  Enjoy it.

That is a sad way to look at motorcycling.

I have had custom seats built for my last 2 bikes and very much enjoy 10-11 hours in the saddle while on road trips.

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, gv550 said:

Looks to be sloped forward, and one piece so not easy to level it.

I am thinking the same way.  I am not getting a seat until I have strong evidence that it does not tilt forward.

• Thumbsup 1

2019 Tracer 900 GT

Niwot CO
USA

On 12/18/2018 at 5:36 AM, jmackd1 said:

here's a pic of the new corbin seat...

ytrc19gl.jpg

yeah! that's my bike! haha. I think the seat looks more level than the stock seat. I haven't had a chance to sit on my bike with this seat yet, and won't get to until late Jan or Feb. But there is a photo on the Corbin website that shows a "curtain" where you can move a bar across and it changes the left being stock to the right being Corbin. From this picture of the back half of the bike, it looks like it levels out earlier, and this side shot angle makes the seat seem pretty level and parallel to the floor at the "nose" of the seat, instead of being crammed up against the tank

corbin side.PNG

Edited by thepmh

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone established if the Tracer GT front seat fits a 2015 FJ-09?  If so I would be interested in buying / swapping. I’m 230lbs and did a 600 mile trip on a rented GT and found it to be a comfortable place to sit!

Edited by Hammers

I just got my corbin seat yesterday, what a difference it makes...So much more comfortable.....The slope is gone, looks a little deceiving in the pic, glad I purchased it, the seat height is raised a tad....

Jeff

Austin, TX

2019 Tracer 900 GT

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
On 1/16/2019 at 8:27 AM, jmackd1 said:

I just got my corbin seat yesterday, what a difference it makes...So much more comfortable.....The slope is gone, looks a little deceiving in the pic, glad I purchased it, the seat height is raised a tad....

Jeff

Austin, TX

2019 Tracer 900 GT

This.  Is.  Encouraging.  Could be my first ever Corbin seat (had Sargent seats on all but one of my previous bikes, but they don't seem to be too anxious to supply the GT crowd at the moment).  Glad to hear your backside feedback is favorable.

2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT (Annabelle)
2013 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Juliette)
2013 Yamaha FJR 1300 (Rachel)
2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250S (Fiona)
2006 Honda VFR800 (Jenny)
2005 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Hannah)
2003 Honda Shadow Sabre VT1100 (Veronica)

The heat on the corbin is controlled thru it's own switch correct?

Has anyone looked into the OEM heated seat option and how it is controlled?  

If this controller could be used to run the Corbin seat?

Don't own a GT yet but I am making my grocery list. :D

11 hours ago, StanBo said:

The heat on the corbin is controlled thru it's own switch correct?

Has anyone looked into the OEM heated seat option and how it is controlled?  

If this controller could be used to run the Corbin seat?

Don't own a GT yet but I am making my grocery list. :D

If you zoom into the oem heated seat, you see a switch and I'm assuming you have to drill a hole in plastic somewhere so the corbin option seems like a better one to me.

heatedseat.jpg

There is a review of the GT in MCN (UK) and they fitted the oem heated seat, apparently the loom for it is near the dash? they had to remove windscreen to access it, the switch fits in the blanked off hole on the right of the dash, the accessory plug is on the left .

On 11/2/2018 at 4:45 PM, thepmh said:

trailer.jpg

corbin.jpg

Hey everyone! I took my bike to California so they can start making Corbin seats for the GT. I think they should be ready before the holidays :D
I got it there Saturday (a week ago) and they say it typically takes 3-4 weeks. They are closed the week of Thanksgiving, so I would think they could be ready by 12/1ish! But maybe longer... I wont be back to pick it up till January :( Hopefully that just means they will make more goodies for it since they will have it longer!

If Corbin became a vendor and opened up a group buy they would sell a shet ton of these.