GT Corbin Seat are coming!

thepmh

trailer.jpg

corbin.jpg

Hey everyone! I took my bike to California so they can start making Corbin seats for the GT. I think they should be ready before the holidays :D
I got it there Saturday (a week ago) and they say it typically takes 3-4 weeks. They are closed the week of Thanksgiving, so I would think they could be ready by 12/1ish! But maybe longer... I wont be back to pick it up till January :( Hopefully that just means they will make more goodies for it since they will have it longer!

• Premium Member
Good.  I am a Corbin fan.  I've had two Corbin seats I liked and one I didn't.  The only one I didn't like was for a BMW GS where they used one seat pan for both the rider and passenger and moved the rider position further back, which I didn't like.  I hope they make just a rider seat for the Tracer!  Or at least, make a rider and passenger separate seats.

2019 Tracer 900 GT

Niwot CO
USA

Good.  I am a Corbin fan.  I've had two Corbin seats I liked and one I didn't.  The only one I didn't like was for a BMW GS where they used one seat pan for both the rider and passenger and moved the rider position further back, which I didn't like.  I hope they make just a rider seat for the Tracer!  Or at least, make a rider and passenger separate seats.
They made it sound like they were going to turn it from the two seats- a "rider seat" and a "passenger seat" (like stock), and merge it into one seat (Turn the key and the whole seat compartment comes up). I am not sure how it will go for the adjustable function on the seat, either.  Here is the seat of the previous model seat style. It has heated in the front and back but the website says that it is not height adjustable (for the previous model) 
"Our one piece seat mounts to your bike in place of the two piece OEM seat and integrates with the Yamaha key lock system" from their website http://corbin.com/yamaha/yfj09r.shtml

corbin-seat.jpg

• Premium Member
I figured it would be a single seat for rider/passenger.  I might get lucky and they'll make a Smuggler for the GT, in which case, they'll make a single rider seat for the smuggler.

2019 Tracer 900 GT

Niwot CO
USA

Looking forward to some more information and reviews on this seat. A rear rack, case and pad will set me back $500, and that doesn't address the seat. That will go a long ways towards a Corbin with a passenger back rest. I could still get a rack and just use an existing touring bag that I have.

• 1 month later...

I had a Corbin on my C-10 Concours, which I loved, but the one piece Corbin on my ST1300 (like the one pictured above), is hard as a rock and bruises my butt when I use it. I'd love a Russell, but I don't want to be without a seat for three months.

Edited by stgolfer

2003 ST1300A,  2017 PCX-150,  2019 Tracer 900 GT

23 hours ago, stgolfer said:

I had a Corbin on my C-10 Concours, which I loved, but the one piece Corbin on my ST1300 (like the one pictured above), is hard as a rock and bruises my butt when I use it. I'd love a Russell, but I don't want to be without a seat for three months.

Honestly I don't really care for the Corbin I've got on my FJ. Feels very stiff.

'15 FJ09

I have a Corbin on my FJR and had one on my previous bike.  I think the stock seat is more than acceptable.  I would recommend riding long enough to break in your butt and not worrying so much about a seat replacement.  A Russell Day Long would be tempting, but the stock seat is just fine.

Tall windshields and comfortable seats are for cagers.  It's a motorcycle.  Enjoy it.

The stock screen is fine for hot weather.  I put a Yamaha Touring screen on my GT.  Does it create a cone of silence?  Nope, but better than stock for cold weather.  Again, it's a motorcycle and not a car.  Ride it and enjoy.  The GT is an excellent bike!  Love it!