VSS wire for cruise control

builderbob

Both options would be great for those who want to add it, but not want to re-flash the ECM and void their warranty. Either way, I cant wait for one or the other.  
There is no void of warranty with an ECU flash.
Do you have a source for that?  I would love to flash my bike, but I could imagine Yamaha denying a warranty claim due to a reflash, and rightfully so.
'15 FJ-09
Red is the fastest color!

Prototype Parabellum screens
Shogun sliders
SC seats
Radiator screen

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Greg- The odds of an engine failure due to a failure of a component because of a manufacturing defect are very slim.
In order for a warranty issue to be denied, it would have to have a failure occur BECAUSE of the reflash.

It's not going to happen. Rest easy and don't let that be your deciding factor.

it's a Yamaha after all.

-Skip

Ummmm...I am not a fan of the pseudo off-road look with the hand guards. If those come off, why would a Throttlemeister not work?  I had them on a Blackbird, FZ1, Ducati ST2, and a ST1300. I did a 1k trip this weekend and cruise is mandatory.

• Premium Member
Ummmm...I am not a fan of the pseudo off-road look with the hand guards. If those come off, why would a Throttlemeister not work?  I had them on a Blackbird, FZ1, Ducati ST2, and a ST1300. I did a 1k trip this weekend and cruise is mandatory. 

No reason at all why it wouldn't work. After having owned bikes with electronic cruise control (3 so far), I prefer it over the friction type, plus I just like to tinker. :-)

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member
It's not integrated into the electronics but it is another option if they actually make one that will work for the FJ.
I'm still waiting for a reply from them regarding this setup.

Friend is currently using it on his cruiser and works flawless.   

[url=]https://www.brakeawayproducts.com/

[/url]After a 560km day ride last weekend, I would really like to have cruise control.
I'd prefer the electronic setup myself as well. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Started trimming the inner fender liner under the seat in order to accommodate the CC actuator today. If you're squeamish about cutting up parts of your FJ, you may not want to tune into my soon-to-be-started thread on cruise control installation.

On the other hand, you may want to. More soon.

• Premium Member
Started trimming the inner fender liner under the seat in order to accommodate the CC actuator today. If you're squeamish about cutting up parts of your FJ, you may not want to tune into my soon-to-be-started thread on cruise control installation. 
Wow, 4 months. Hoping for good things. thumb_zpsxkcugjdg.gif 
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
Wow, 4 months. Hoping for good things. thumb_zpsxkcugjdg.gif
Well, I was waiting for my heated grips to come in so that I could do them both at the same time.  It's hot here in Florida now, not optimal for riding, so I'll take the down time to do some tinkering. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Not always. If the ECU has everything built into it, but "turned off" in markets where they don't use or offer those features, you have the stuff we need, but the software has it turned off. (And of course, there are no wires/switches or sensors perhaps there to provide the signals/input needed to operate if we could turn it on.)

Does Yamaha offer a separate ECU for the traction control/ABS FZ09's in Europe, while here in the USA, it's not available? I'd have to think those ECU's are the same, but the features used are selected or off.

If the FJ09 was going to have traction control, and ABS, cruise control is a simple application of the same basic parts and sensors, so it should be very easy to retro-fit a system from the EU market, assuming they built the ECU's the same, and have just not selected, or turned on the features we would like to have.

The heated grips are this way right? You plug them in, and the controls work via the dash/switches, no new switches or controls needed. The (program) is already there, just not being used.

Archived