Could this possibly be the best-farkled Tracer around.

From a recent on-line for-sale ad:

Includes:
+ Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust System $1,497
+ MC Cruise Control $1,100
+ Garmin 590 GPS $839
+ Garmin VIRB Elite Camera $479
+ Denali Aux Lights DX Xtreme $520
+ Light Mounts $64
+ Driving Lights and Harness $65
+ Yamaha Comfort Seat $349
+ GIVI Top Box, Rack & Mounting $345
+ Chameleon Chain Oiler $269
+ Engine Crash Guards $214
+ Radiator Guard $187
+ Highway Pegs and Clamps $167
+ Heavy Bar-Ends $166
+ O2 Controller $135
+ Aftermarket Footpegs $88
+ Powerlet 12V Socket $75
+ Headlight Protectors $70
+ Aftermarket Clutch & Brake Levers $65
+ Aftermarket Chain Guard $60
+ Stebel Magnum Air Horns $50
+ Fender Extension $45
+ Tank Pad $38
+ Kickstand Extension $21
+ Aftermarket Oil Filler Cap $18
TOTAL: $6,926!

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Think I'd give that a run for it's money...

Fender extender

Headlamp protectors

R&G radiator guard

Andreani cartridges

Gilles front axle sliders

Sat nav bracket above the clocks & Garmin

Oxford heated grips

Givi screen

Short adjustable levers

Yamaha tank pads

Givi tank ring & bag

SW Motech engine sliders

Full Akrapovic system

K&N air filter

Flashed ECU

Rearsets

Evotech pillion peg blanking plates

Quickshifter

Assist/Slipper Clutch

Rearsets

Sargent rider’s seat

YSS shock

R&G hugger

Shad racks & SH36 panniers

Yamaha rack and SW Motech top box

Gilles chain adjusters

There's a European gentlemen that pops up every once in a while year with one of the most farkled out bikes I've heard of. Ghostytracer or something. Said he was a moto-journalist so probably get's a lot of stuff to "try out" and what not.

'15 FJ09

...TOTAL: $6,926!
Hummmm. 
My question is... at what point do you just say "screw it" and decide to buy a different motorcycle?!

cb
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

• Premium Member
"+ MC Cruise Control $1,100"

Yamaha MT-09 Tracer / FJ-09 (NEW Throttle-by-Wire MCCruise) - including 2017 model

$654.00 AUD

Excuse me?

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Supporting Member

Yamaha MT-09 Tracer / FJ-09 (NEW Throttle-by-Wire MCCruise) - including 2017 model

$654.00 AUD

Excuse me?

I didn't know if those were Australian Dollars or he paid WAAAY too much for everything he bought.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

$654.00 AUD

Excuse me?

I didn't know if those were Australian Dollars or he paid WAAAY too much for everything he bought.

AUD, of course - but don't shoot the messenger!   (And I do know that installation by a pro costs around AUD$400 here, so just maybe...).

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Supporting Member

AUD, of course - but don't shoot the messenger!

Ah, that makes sense.  The prices seem more inline now.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Yet still on the stock suspension & windscreen... misplaced priorities? smiley.png
I'd love to meet the guy who put all this together and why, and why he's selling it now.   I have a theory, which is quite feasible but could also be far from the truth...

I had a closer look at the 25 or so high quality pix that accompanied this on-line ad.   There are one or two small omissions from that huge list of inclusions, such as the Grip Puppies that are clearly fitted, always one of the first cuppla extras I add to a new bike.   One or two other items wander into bling territory, IMHO, such as the red anodised foot-pegs, chain-guard, and oil-filler cap,which I don't much care for, nor would I want the highway pegs.   But most of the other stuff is very high-quality branded gear, such as the Denali lights, Garmin GPS and camera, MC cruise-control, Akra zorst system, and Givi top-box.

I think that one thing this ad shows up, and which has been mentioned on this Forum by others before, is that there's very little value to a seller in having all this stuff included on a bike that's to be sold, for it gives a very poor return on investment.   In this case, I'd calculate that the owner has spent close to 45% of the bike's original new price on all these add-ons.  Without them, he could still expect an interested buyer at close to his asking price of AUD$13,600, I believe - but maybe he has money to burn!

But all that said, I'd have most of these goodies on any Tracer of mine, pausing only to add a set of flashing/ pulsing SKENE-type rear brake LEDs (but I could fashion these myself for about $30).  Oh - and given that this is an early 2015 model I'd replace the vulnerable oil-sump plug with a lower profile version.

It's a pity that the bike is 4500km away from me, or I'd be in there negotiating!  

UPDATE - spoke to dealer who is selling the bike for the owner: reason for sale is 'marriage break-up'.   Should have spent the money on the missus!

1 hour ago, wordsmith said:

i have just put in an offer for this amazing package - stay tuned!

I should also mention that the first (that I have seen) 900 GT is being advertised for sale in a dealership interstate, apparently a demo model with only 415km on it, and priced at AUD$17,490.   Of course I'd prefer the GT but by the time I have it shipped to me it would set me back around AUD$19,000 or so - a little too rich for my blood!   

And  duhs10 - if I do proceed this would be only my FIRST red one!  

Archived