900 GT Side Stand

edgarjessop12

• Supporting Member

I believe @wordsmith had that issue with a lazy ankle.  He welded an extension onto the tab that you catch with your foot.  He might chime in here and share a photo of his modification.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member

Hi @edgarjessop12 - Another thing to consider might be removing the long factory peg feelers (if you haven’t already).  

Assuming they’re the same on your GT as on the first-gen FJs, the factory peg feelers seemed pointlessly long to me, and made fishing around for the sidestand tab harder than it needed to be.  No downside to trying, and you can always put them back on if it doesn’t help.  

5 hours ago, betoney said:

I believe @wordsmith had that issue with a lazy ankle.  He welded an extension onto the tab that you catch with your foot.  He might chime in here and share a photo of his modification.

Will definitely do later today, after taking my first ride out for five l-o-n-g weeks!

LATER EDIT:  after getting up about 5am, breakfasting, then putting all my gear on, the bike wouldn't start - wouldn't even turn over (but lights etc. working OK).   Bike has been standing for over five weeks unused, so I guess the battery is flat.   First time this has ever happened to me in many, many years of owning and riding many bikes!   Off to K-Mart shortly to buy a cheap battery-charger.

I have replied to Edgar's query by PM.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, texscottyd said:

Hi @edgarjessop12 - Another thing to consider might be removing the long factory peg feelers (if you haven’t already).  

Assuming they’re the same on your GT as on the first-gen FJs, the factory peg feelers seemed pointlessly long to me, and made fishing around for the sidestand tab harder than it needed to be.  No downside to trying, and you can always put them back on if it doesn’t help.  

Removing the peg feeler on the left side worked for me.  Easy fix.

2019 Tracer 900 GT

Niwot CO
USA

Archived