M10 Eye Bolts?

hammer

Hey Gang,

Hopefully this is under the correct sub...

Anyways, I am looking to change out the rear bolts holding the passenger grab rails, from OEM to eye bolts. Getting my setup / luggage ready for this year's bike trip to Rushmore...

I had a look at a Canadian Home Depot, Fastenal, and a local nut and bolt place. But nothing. I have searched the web and found a few here and there, but I'm not paying $20 shipping for $3 bolts.

Does anyone have a local shop to them that carries the correct OEM size? We could work out a trade or I can pay.

Thanks,

Mark

Cheers!

1 hour ago, piotrek said:

Try this link and select what you need. Closest pickup location on Dixie Rd. in Mississauga. Call them up.

CISCO INDUSTRIAL SALES # AT5

5937 DIXIE ROAD, Ontario, MISSISSAUGA, L4W 1E8
Phone: 905-670-1360

Hopefully they can help, and bonus is that they are just down the road from work.

Can't help...they don't sell to the public which is stupid.

Edited by hammer
Cheers!

Make your own eyebolts...get a long 3ft threaded rod in m10 size... Figure out what you have to bend an "eyelet" then cut to length... 

2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

Try these places;

https://www.acklandsgrainger.com

WWW.BOLTSPLUS.CA

Bolts Plus provides fasteners, tools, industrial and safety supplies. Bolts Plus, Get Hooked On Us For All Your Industrial Needs!

Not sure you can purchase direct from Acklands Grainger but they have a large warehouse up in Caledon on Mayfield just east of the 410 and the Bolts+ on Rutherford in Brampton are pretty good about ordering just about anything.

38 minutes ago, tinkerfreak said:

Try these places;

https://www.acklandsgrainger.com

WWW.BOLTSPLUS.CA

Bolts Plus provides fasteners, tools, industrial and safety supplies. Bolts Plus, Get Hooked On Us For All Your Industrial Needs!

Not sure you can purchase direct from Acklands Grainger but they have a large warehouse up in Caledon on Mayfield just east of the 410 and the Bolts+ on Rutherford in Brampton are pretty good about ordering just about anything.

I called them this afternoon. They don't sell to the public. I might have the take the amazon route, or try making my own.

Cheers!

On 3/20/2019 at 9:17 PM, hammer said:

I called them this afternoon. They don't sell to the public. I might have the take the amazon route, or try making my own.

Who, Acklands Grainger or Bolts+ as I was in Bolts+ twice this weekend picking up special order bolts.

• 1 month later...
On 3/20/2019 at 11:19 AM, hammer said:

Hey Gang,

Hopefully this is under the correct sub...

Anyways, I am looking to change out the rear bolts holding the passenger grab rails, from OEM to eye bolts. Getting my setup / luggage ready for this year's bike trip to Rushmore...

I had a look at a Canadian Home Depot, Fastenal, and a local nut and bolt place. But nothing. I have searched the web and found a few here and there, but I'm not paying $20 shipping for $3 bolts.

Does anyone have a local shop to them that carries the correct OEM size? We could work out a trade or I can pay.

Thanks,

Mark

I bought some 8mm eyebolts, but danged if I can remember where.  I'll remember in a week or so usually...

So I was talking to a millwright at work and he worked out a solution for me...

But basically it's a stainless cylinder drilled out for the bolt, and then a hole drilled out for attachment. I will put them on the bike this weekend to get a better idea. I talked to my local powdercoat guy, and he said he could do them (I wanted gold to match the forks) but said due to the sharper edges, it would chip. So I will leave them as is.

Thanks for all the help though.

IMG_20190510_0012172.jpg

Edited by hammer
  • Thumbsup 2
Cheers!

• Supporting Member

Those look very handy indeed!  Lots of utility in that design.   👍

2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT (Annabelle)
2013 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Juliette)
2013 Yamaha FJR 1300 (Rachel)
2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250S (Fiona)
2006 Honda VFR800 (Jenny)
2005 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Hannah)
2003 Honda Shadow Sabre VT1100 (Veronica)

So here they are on the bike. Beer can is for size reference. They don't rotate once bolted in. I used a piece of plastic under rings to kind of "complete the look".

IMG_20190510_1131328.jpg

IMG_20190510_1130459.jpg

IMG_20190510_1130124.jpg

• Thumbsup 2
Cheers!

• Supporting Member

Now paint'em in the Molson Canadian colors and you'll be the talk of the town...

• Thumbsup 1
2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT (Annabelle)
2013 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Juliette)
2013 Yamaha FJR 1300 (Rachel)
2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250S (Fiona)
2006 Honda VFR800 (Jenny)
2005 Suzuki V-Strom DL650 (Hannah)
2003 Honda Shadow Sabre VT1100 (Veronica)