Cleaning behind the exhaust headers

• Supporting Member
15 hours ago, micah2074 said:

S100

I have read mixed reviews/opinions on the effectiveness of S100.  Do you use the liquid in the spray bottle or the foam in the aerosol can?

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member

@betoney - I have always used the spray bottle version, and have had good luck with it.   It's probably not the absolute miracle product that the marketing hype would lead you to believe, but I'm satisfied with how it works.   I generally only use it on the hard-to-reach areas, or ones that are especially grungy and hard-to-clean.   It's supposed to be safe on everything, but I still use good old soap & water on the paintwork and most of the exposed surfaces that are easy to reach...    The area behind the exhaust headers, up under the steering stem, and the rear shock & suspension linkages are great areas to target with the S100.   In my opinion, of course.  

The Pro Honda Spray Cleaner and Polish, however, absolutely IS a miracle product... :) 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, betoney said:

I have read mixed reviews/opinions on the effectiveness of S100.  Do you use the liquid in the spray bottle or the foam in the aerosol can?

Yeah me too.  Also, as with other products, I've read one or two horror stories about how it harmed various materials on some bikes.  I did buy some a couple of years ago, but somewhat ridiculously I've been afraid to use it on the Tracer.

To those of you that have used S100 on our bikes, is it kind to the multitude of surfaces we have to clean?

CS

• Premium Member

Edit, I most recently bought some of the Yamaha spray on cleaner. It works well and, here at least is a bit cheaper. 

Let’s go Brandon

• Supporting Member

5 hours ago, texscottyd said:

5 hours ago, texscottyd said:

@betoney - I have always used the spray bottle version, and have had good luck with it.   It's probably not the absolute miracle product that the marketing hype would lead you to believe, but I'm satisfied with how it works.   I generally only use it on the hard-to-reach areas, or ones that are especially grungy and hard-to-clean.   It's supposed to be safe on everything, but I still use good old soap & water on the paintwork and most of the exposed surfaces that are easy to reach...    The area behind the exhaust headers, up under the steering stem, and the rear shock & suspension linkages are great areas to target with the S100.   In my opinion, of course.  

The Pro Honda Spray Cleaner and Polish, however, absolutely IS a miracle product... :) 

I hate to give Harley Davidson any of my money, but their spray cleaner and polish is the best I have used.

Edited by roadrash83

He who dies with the most toys wins.

• Supporting Member

Sorry about the above, I can't edit it. Must be the T-shirt company getting even with me.😀

He who dies with the most toys wins.