Road 5 Tire Pressures?

3 hours ago, Shizzle said:

There are Road 5's and Road 5 GT's. The GT's per Michelin are what is recommended on the Concours because of the weight. When I bought Michelins for my Concours last year the Road 5 GT's weren't available yet and Michelin recommended I use the Road 4 GT's because of the weight of the Concours. Different TP recommendations also 

Mine were Road 5 GT's. I misspoke in post.

• 1 month later...

Haven't put Road 5s on this bike yet but ran a few sets of them at 36/42 on last bike.  About the same weight as the Tracer GT so expect the same.  Most of my miles are long trips full loaded with way too much straight stuff.  Rear gets flat in the center and the front cups.  I probably should run a bit higher in the front but like to have all the traction available in case I have to make a panic stop.  Last front I replaced was at 12,000 miles and it was due to some cupping but otherwise still had lots of life left.  Haven't a clue as how many miles the rear is good for, most I've put on one is 6,000.  Always taking 5,500 to 6,000 mile trips and didn't think I could get 12,000 out of a rear so just replaced it.  Ive given a couple of them away and have one with 3,800 miles on it waiting on the OEM tires to come off.

Hijacking the thread a bit but have been thinking of running a Pilot power or 5CT front with a Road 5 rear.  What holds me back is I have been caught in several day long rainstorms as well as intense summer showers and want a front tire with good wet capability.

• Supporting Member

@PhotoAl I ran the Pilot power on the front and Pilot road on the back on my BMW S1000rr with great results. Much better than the Dunlops that came with the bike, with 2000mi the front was cupping really bad. I'm currently running that combination on my HD XR1200 which eats rear tires and I can get a almost 5000mi out of the rear. Also running that combination on my 900GT, I only have about 3000mi on them and the rear is holding up very well.

He who dies with the most toys wins.