Oregon - 4th Annual Last Ride of the Year (NEW LOCATION!)

keithu

• Premium Member

!!EDIT - LOCATION HAS BEEN MOVED TO FLORENCE!!

Per ongoing tradition, I am calling for our annual Last Ride of the Year in Oregon. As usual this will be a RTE (ride to eat) on December 31. In 2016-2018 the lunchtime meeting place was Oceanside, near Tillamook. But in a group discussion last year it was decided to move the 2019 venue further south. With so many forum members in the Eugene and Salem areas, it was felt this might improve turnout.

If no one objects, I propose we meet at noon on December 31, 2019 at Mo's in Florence (1436 Bay Street, Florence, Oregon 97439). Mo's is a casual eatery overlooking the Siuslaw River. There is ample parking in front of the restaurant. Map Link 

We'll tell stories, admire farkles, snap a photo or two, and enjoy fresh seafood. I hope to see you there!

Edited by keithu
Location moved to Florence
  • Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member

If people are concerned about Oregon Coast weather on December 31, consider these photos from previous dates:

December 31, 2016:

Afu3Wtb.jpg

December 31, 2017:

yYibK7a.jpg

And December 31, 2018:

IMG_20181231_132112.thumb.jpg.16d21c1551

• Thumbsup 1

AWESOME ! !   FINALLY !!   a ride I might actually be able to make   WOOT  !!!!

thanks for posting the date

I definitely WILL try to be there !

• Thumbsup 1

BugsinTeeth........

"Peace is that time when everyone stands around reloading" . . . . Thomas Jefferson

I do think it would be better centrally located tho...that's about 150 miles from me, and farther

from the medford-ashland area..... don't know how many members are down thataway, but if

there are some, it would be a heap closer to them....

BugsinTeeth........

"Peace is that time when everyone stands around reloading" . . . . Thomas Jefferson

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, BugsInTeeth said:

I do think it would be better centrally located tho...that's about 150 miles from me, and farther

from the medford-ashland area..... don't know how many members are down thataway, but if

there are some, it would be a heap closer to them....

I'll admit my reasons are selfish, as I always enjoy rides to the coast during that time of year. At least Newport is not as far away for you as Oceanside! 

You could do a nice ride up the valley in the morning via Territorial Hwy to OR-34 or US-20, and then close the loop with a return south on US-101 to OR-42. 

On 11/21/2019 at 12:39 PM, keithu said:

I'll admit my reasons are selfish, as I always enjoy rides to the coast during that time of year. At least Newport is not as far away for you as Oceanside! 

You could do a nice ride up the valley in the morning via Territorial Hwy to OR-34 or US-20, and then close the loop with a return south on US-101 to OR-42. 

yes I could do those distances IF  I had the time....I do not.....I cannot be away from the house for more than

about 4-5 hours at most, so will probably not make it..... my Wife needs me to be there most of the time, so....

if you guys could move it to Florence, 49 miles south, that would work .... let me know....

BugsinTeeth........

• Premium Member

Florence is a possibility. Mo's is a good meeting spot there, I think. 

Portlandians: Any preference? I'm sure Ken and Victor would be fine with anything north of the CA border. 🙂

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Bump.

We are still on for Florence on Tuesday. It looks like the weather will be wet, but plenty warm with temps in the upper 40s to lower 50s. Who's in? I'll be there rain or shine.