Mounting your Tracer

9 minutes ago, littlebruv said:

Hi all.

Just a simple question, how do you get onto your tracer🤔, what I mean is do you just have the side stand down and swing your right leg over or have the main stand down, climb on by using the footpeg then push forward off the stand.

side stand down and raise my leg over. 

If you are finding the bike too tall you might want to look at installing lower bones

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, bugie said:

side stand down and raise my leg over. 

If you are finding the bike too tall you might want to look at installing lower bones

I saw bones in your reply and immediately thought of surgery and Human Growth Hormone to help climb on the FJ. :)

In all seriousness it depends on which pants I'm wearing if it's on the side stand. Jeans or riding jeans and I just swing a leg over.

If I'm wearing Aerostich gear with big hip armor especially if I have saddlebags on, I usually awkwardly kick my heel forward onto the seat, slide it across to the right side then pivot my hips onto the seat. At least I realize that a 46 year old is not as cool climbing onto a moto as I'd like it to be. :)

I try to put it up on the center stand when I have saddlebags because it's so much easier to load/access the left one that way.

I'm 5'10" on a good day with a 31" inseam and average flexibility. 

i'm 5'7" and i grab my left bar with my left hand, left foot on left peg a fling my right leg over.(no the side stand)

on my centre stand i do the same, put it in gear, rock it, clutch it and go.  got that one down to a fine science ...lol.  my buddies think i'm nuts...but envious i'm sure😎

Its different every time. Some times I end parking on a hill, incline or something not ideal. I will mount from either side, use either leg or step on peg just depends on where I am at. When I have a ton of shit on the back seat I will throw my leg up and slide over before being on the peg. I usually only have it on the center stand at the house to make it easier to walk around in the garage since it is so tall compared to my other bikes. I dont like starting from the center stand. I my garage it just slides around on the center stand. I have to use both feet to push and with them  being behind me I wouldn't be able recover in time if something happened in front of me. 

In the pic below I lifted my left leg over the seat and mounted from opposite the kick stand.  I was parked on an Incline and I had stuff on the seat.

20191208_155421.thumb.jpg.08f890db55c6be14db91399d5038e109.jpg

Edited by limpy88

• Supporting Member
11 hours ago, limpy88 said:

In the pic below I lifted my left leg over the seat and mounted from opposite the kick stand. Incline and shit on the seat.

@limpy88 - Not sure how this helps with getting on the bike but each to their own!

I know it's an unintended typo but you had me choking on my coffee and blowing it through my nose at first read!!  🤣

• Thumbsup 3
  • Haha 1

I use 1 of 2 methods to mount my bike. Usually my GF lowers me on with a crane. Once in a while I'll use my balance beam and catapult on to it. What kind of a squid just slings a leg over it?

11 hours ago, dazzler24 said:

@limpy88 - Not sure how this helps with getting on the bike but each to their own!

I know it's an unintended typo but you had me choking on my coffee and blowing it through my nose at first read!!  🤣

Yeah I typed that up before bed. Haha. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’m 5’7” with a 30” inseam and mid 60s in age. I just throw my right leg over while it’s on the side stand, pick it up and go.  It’s not that tall or heavy a bike. Grab the front brake and that will stabilize the bike while you get on too. 

Edited by Guest

On 1/15/2020 at 10:28 PM, chesterburnet said:

I use 1 of 2 methods to mount my bike.

I'm still laughing my azz off  on the pretense of "Mounting my bike".   😂🤣😂🤣

• Haha 1

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!