International Motorcycle Show

A friend and I made the three hour road trip to the International Motorcycle Show in Minneapolis MN.  Primarily to check out the bikes.  So many bikes to drool over.  I also needed new summer gloves and it's a good opportunity to be able to try on a wide variety of gear.  I ended up with a pair of Alpinestar gloves and a mesh jacket.

But the real big find was the free All State Insurance signs you could make.  Now I'll have designated parking in the garage 😁

gear.jpg

tracer parking.jpg

• Thumbsup 3

The 2020 Tracer was there as well of course.  The actual color of this bike was closer to burnt orange then the more red in this picture.  I think I prefer the black/sliver/blurple of my 2019 GT.

tracer.jpg

Edited by roadwarrior

• Premium Member

Looks like the glove is different than my last 2 pairs. Maybe A* fixed their design finally. I really liked the gloves, but the leather at the cuff tore at the same place after about 2 or 3 years of riding. Keep an eye on it. 

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member

I'm still sort of butt hurt that there isn't an IMS anywhere in the PNW anymore.

But we have The One Motorcycle Show in Portland next weekend which pretty much makes up for it.

I feel bad that I didn't go to the show, somehow I had confused this show with a different crappy one I went to last year.  Really wanted to see the 2020 GT in person.  No one in the twin cities has one in stock at the moment.  

On 2/3/2020 at 1:31 PM, kilo3 said:

I feel bad that I didn't go to the show, somehow I had confused this show with a different crappy one I went to last year.  Really wanted to see the 2020 GT in person.  No one in the twin cities has one in stock at the moment.  

I scoured the internet to get my 2019 Tracer GT a few years back.  I had to be able to pull the trigger right away as no dealer had more than one ordered and/or available.  I was lucky to get at one at Cambridge Motorcycles for less than MSRP OTD.

Edited by roadwarrior

• Premium Member

I had the same experience with my 2020 Tracer when I bought end of 2019. I called every dealer within 100 miles and no dealership had them on the floor. They all said they had them, but after going to a dealership and finding out they lied, I started asking for VIN #'s. When I finally got a dealer with a VIN #, I did a test drive, and purchased same day.

A lot of the dealerships here in Seattle area don't even carry the bike. They will order it for you, but don't seem to have them on the sales floor.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, DavidS said:

A lot of the dealerships here in Seattle area don't even carry the bike. They will order it for you, but don't seem to have them on the sales floor.

It's a bit of a drive (and it doesn't help you now that you already bought one), but Power Motorsports near Salem, OR nearly always has a few Tracers in stock. Their website currently lists two standard Tracers and one GT. They've sold quite a few FJs and Tracers over the years.

• Premium Member
On 2/2/2020 at 11:35 AM, keithu said:

But we have The One Motorcycle Show in Portland next weekend which pretty much makes up for it.

So after gloating about the One show, I tried to go yesterday and it sold out at 10:50am, about ten people ahead of me in the ticket line. This after being charged $13 for motorcycle parking. $13!

I'm pretty pissed off.

• Sad 2

• Supporting Member
6 minutes ago, DavidS said:

I had the same experience with my 2020 Tracer when I bought end of 2019. I called every dealer within 100 miles and no dealership had them on the floor. They all said they had them, but after going to a dealership and finding out they lied, I started asking for VIN #'s. When I finally got a dealer with a VIN #, I did a test drive, and purchased same day.

My dealer has already sold out of the 2020 model GT and has more on order.  They had them on the showroom floor around New Years Day but they didn't last long, when I was in there the other day they said the next batch will be coming soon.  I am glad that it is selling so well. 👍

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

I went to the one in Chicago and was little disappointed compared to years past.   This year not even close as many vendors for accessories and no ducati, triumph, bmw or guzzi bikes to check out.   Still worth going as there are still lots to see but I can't help but feeling something is for sure missing.   Maybe just a sign of the times I guess in the industry?