Handlebar risers

• Supporting Member

Helibars offer a rise of 1-1/8" on the Tracer GT

HeliBars Tour Performance Riser quickly mounts under the stock handlebar...

Specifications:

• 1 1/8" Taller
  • 1 1/8" Rearward
  • Handlebars set at a 45 degree angle
  • Durable powder coat finish
  • Under 1 hour for installation
  • All original cables and hydraulic lines retained

(Don't believe the above bullet point of taking 1 hour for installation, it might take up to 10 minutes if you are working slowly.)

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• 3 years later...
1 hour ago, O11OO1OO said:

Helibars instructions refer to loosening banjo bolt on brake reservoir to add slack.

Am I liable to wind up with a huge mess of brake fluid all over the place?

No Just loosen slightly enough to rotate the line a little bit. 

• 1 month later...

A question for you, whisperquiet, tho' i just noticed up there it shows '21 Super Tenere, so you may not have details regarding a 2020 900GT like I have. I got a set of risers from Motopump, feels like i managed to wiggle enough slack in most of the cabling, and the position of bars feels like an improvement.

However, I recently realized-- during some slow-speed right-turning maneuvering-- when I turn the bars close to the lock to the right, it exudes enough tension on the clutch cable to partially disengage the clutch. I can see the shaft down on the transmission rotate just maybe a 5mm.

Ruh-Roh! I squinted at the tiny diagram in the service manual and it appears to show a cable clamp(almost looks like a heavy-duty zip-tie). Maybe just loosen that up?

I wonder if other folks have noticed this clutch cable situation and what was their remedy.

edit: took side cover off to see if there was a clamp someplace to loosen, but with everything i can reach loosened, the pressure put on clutch cable housing at full right-steering lock is still enough to pull the cable and rotate the shaft a bit. Now i'm wondering if moving the clutch cable from running in front of the forks and positioning it behind the forks would be the answer, doesn't seem like it'd put any extra stress on the housing at full-right-lock.

Edited by O11OO1OO
after some exploratory work

i'm sure i will get flack for this, but........

helibars would have done a larger move, but were limited to what cabling allowed.

i know this because they used my bike as the mule to create their unit.

since then ( i am 6' tall ) i cut off 1.5 '' from each end of the bars. i found that that did not need the leverage of the wider bars at all.

the tracer is already plenty quick to change direction, maybe towards the sporty end of long distance cruisers.

compared to my friend's v strom which just picks it's line in corners and rolls through, the tracer is ready for you

to change direction at any time, it hasn't made up it's mind. 

anyway, i found that while traveling with the cruise control on, which i use even on back roads ( stops inadvertent criminal speeding ) i usually was just holding on to the mirror stalks base. for my body that was the most comfortable. done, and i love it, and it also would give you more slack in cabling if you needed it.

curious if i am the only one who has narrowed bars ????