Places to get 24k Service done in UK

Hi guys

Only had my bike 6 months (bought with 9k on the clock) and already smashed my 24k dreaded service level. Been quoted £700 and that seems a little over the top from what i have heard. Anyone got any places i should try preferably warwickshire but will travel. 

Cheers 

• Supporting Member
15 minutes ago, Spookzii said:

Hi guys

Only had my bike 6 months (bought with 9k on the clock) and already smashed my 24k dreaded service level. Been quoted £700 and that seems a little over the top from what i have heard. Anyone got any places i should try preferably warwickshire but will travel. 

Cheers 

I cant help you with dealers or service locations.   I am assuming that you are referring to kilometers?  What is involved in the 24,000km service? the valves aren't scheduled for adjustment until 42,000km (26,600miles).  

I have had my valves checked/adjusted twice already at 44,000 miles and paid about what you were quoted for BOTH services.  

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

2 minutes ago, betoney said:

I cant help you with dealers or service locations.   I am assuming that you are referring to kilometers?  What is involved in the 24,000km service? the valves aren't scheduled for adjustment until 42,000km (26,600miles).  

I have had my valves checked/adjusted twice already at 44,000 miles and paid about what you were quoted for BOTH services.  

Yea im at 26k miles now lol. (or will be shortly 😕) £700 is nuts. i know how much work needs doing but sheeeesh. lol 

32 minutes ago, betoney said:

You're mixing your units there Betoney.  The Brits are still on imperial miles like you colonials.  It's us enlightened Europhiles that drive around in kilometres. 

CS

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, captainscarlet said:

You're mixing your units there Betoney.  The Brits are still on imperial miles like you colonials.  It's us enlightened Europhiles that drive around in kilometres. 

CS

Hahah normally i say im glad we are out of the EU but i agree with you on that one. lol 

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
33 minutes ago, captainscarlet said:

CS

Thanks for enlightening me. 👍 

It can get confusing at times on a global forum.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• 5 months later...

Mine is booked in for the 24000 big service as well, next Friday.
My quote is £320

Somebody is having you on, at £700

Bit far for you to travel though, to Dumfries.

1 hour ago, yamtracergaz said:

Alf England is the place,he's in Bedworth,they have a great reputation,i live 40 miles away from there and my hometown has a yamaha dealer but i go to alf england they are that good.

Agree went there from Norfolk for 24,000 mile service on S10 4 years ago and was a lot less than £700!

Years ago I bought my vstrom from Alf England. At the time their workshop was full of FJR's , being kitted out with all the police gear. My bike was bought with 7000 miles on it, and was like new. I'd recommend them as well for anyone around there.
But this is still an old thread ;)