Alternative Niken GT tires

maximNikenGT

• Supporting Member
On 6/10/2021 at 1:39 PM, maximNikenGT said:

Only 1553 miles  / 2500 km  on the fronts? So far I'm at 2525 miles /  4064 km and my fronts have 3.8 mm remaining in right front, 2.5 mm in left front,and 3.8mm remaining in the rear.

I'm also in riding mode = 2 with TCS =1 as my daily setup.  However I'm not very aggressive with the throttle.  

Also unusual higher left front tire wear is probably because here in the US we drive on the right hand side and do more right hand turns. Be curious if Niken riders in countries who ride on the left see greater tire wear on the right fronts.  

8DEFEBBF-5C64-4BBE-937D-25F98877BDBC.jpeg

38D2413E-4B39-4527-8429-43007336C1EA.jpeg

38C9DFAB-DA90-428F-953C-161F07839513.jpeg

FD61D958-B146-47A8-813E-F978922FD276.jpeg

Reviewing in some of the Facebook forums where various riders on the front tires are getting as low as 4000km / 2485mi to as high as 20000km / 12427mi before having to replace. Runs a pretty wide spectrum subject to local roads and your riding preferences. 

2019 Niken GT
"Motorcycles - the brand is not important, the fact that you ride is."

• 1 month later...

8500 miles nsf  tyre is now cupped badly so a new set of Michelin pr4 sc being fitted Friday .I'm not the type of rider who sees mega mileage from any tyres but the michelins on the front have been great .I'm still sticking with the Avon spirit st on the rear as it's a great match for the michelins.The Avon has proven to be imho better than the PR4 it replaced and certainly providing better mileage ,comfort whilst also not squaring off like most tyres I've used .

• Thumbsup 2

• 8 months later...
  • Supporting Member

I placed an order for Pirelli Diablo Rosso Scooter 120/70-15 56S Fronts and Pirelli Diablo Rosso III 190/55ZR-17 75W Rear to find the fronts were out of stock are discontinued. Cancelled the rear as I would like to have a set, and may now try the Michelins.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member

Good to know that the Pirelli Diablo Rosso are discontinued. I've got a new set of fronts waiting to be mounted but the rear I will need to be ordering soon. 

2019 Niken GT

• Supporting Member

Based on the recommendations here I swapped out the rear stock tire today for a Pirelli Angel GT at 3850 miles. TC 2 and Mode 2 mostly. Not agressive, except maybe from a stop and quickshifting through the gears. Really surprised at how soft the center of the stock tire was once removed. Easy on the bank with a couple of unused gift cards from Christmas 🙄

Pirelli Angel GT 3850 miles.jpg

Pirelli Gran Turismo Angel GT 3850 miles.jpg

Stock Nicken Tire 3850 miles.jpg

• Thumbsup 3
  • Thanks 1

Well I ordered tires yesterday. Angel gt spec a for rear and Michelin pr4 for the front. Most expensive tire purchase and they're not even installed. I read the angel gt fronts are bias and I wanted radial all around. I'm not quite ready for installation but will have the tires on hand.

Can someone give me the torque specs for the front axle bolts? Can't find in my online owners manual and don't have service manual. TIA.

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, hawkster said:

Well I ordered tires yesterday. Angel gt spec a for rear and Michelin pr4 for the front. Most expensive tire purchase and they're not even installed. I read the angel gt fronts are bias and I wanted radial all around. I'm not quite ready for installation but will have the tires on hand.

Can someone give me the torque specs for the front axle bolts? Can't find in my online owners manual and don't have service manual. TIA.

I don't own a Niken but have used The Angel GT tires on several different bikes over the years and currently have them installed on my Honda VFR and have extra on the shelf in the garage, GREAT tires! they should work well for you.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, hawkster said:

Niken Wheel Torques.jpg

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporting Member

One of the things that may help is if folks show a picture of what the tire being replaced looks like as well to  show levels of wear. A quick survey is probably needed to help isolate what owners are seeing. 

2019 Niken GT