blue tooth ear phones/head set

simon1963

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, simon1963 said:

Hi All

Any recommendations for bluetooth speakers of somekind to have music and talk to pillion when riding

Thanks in advance

You'll get many and varied responses here but FWIW I use a CARDO Scala Freecom 2 Plus.

I use that in partnership with my Samsung S7 phone running the Cardo app and Tom Tom Go app for navigation.

That way I get turn by turn navigation, ability to make/receive phone calls, listen to my favourite tunes and talk to my pillion (haven't actually done that but it is capable) and talk to one other rider within (nominally) 500m or so.

The CARDO isn't cheap and there are several cheaper Chinese 'versions' of the same thing out there but can't comment on how good or bad they are.

• Supporting Member
14 minutes ago, simon1963 said:

Thanks I’ll look at this

i forgot to mention I use a iPhone and also use the phone as navigation 

cheers

The Tom Tom Go app is also available for Apple - iphones

My wife and I both use the Cardo PackTalk Bold, she usually rides her own bike though. We had Sena SMH-10's up until last year, and they were fine....the Cardo's sound much better for both music and intercom so far. The voice control feature of the Cardo is nice as well....  between the Cardo voice commands, and Siri,  you can pretty much do anything via voice commands. There are a bunch of reviews on the Sena's and Cardo's on YouTube, you might watch several of those before deciding.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member

I lave a pair of Lexin B4FM's, they're okay..and cheap.

Should I have to do it again, I'd get Cardo PacTalks.

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

39 minutes ago, simon1963 said:

Thanks just going to pickup cardo dual

cheers 

Make sure to update the firmware, and configure both with the app.

Also on install: make sure to keep the excess wire away from the coms unit itself if you can.  Try to bundle the wire in the back or on top if you can.  The unit uses the wire as the antenna of sorts and can cause issues if bunched up directly behind the unit in the helmet.

4 hours ago, denveryzf said:

My wife and I both use the Cardo PackTalk Bold, she usually rides her own bike though. We had Sena SMH-10's up until last year, and they were fine....the Cardo's sound much better for both music and intercom so far. The voice control feature of the Cardo is nice as well....  between the Cardo voice commands, and Siri,  you can pretty much do anything via voice commands. There are a bunch of reviews on the Sena's and Cardo's on YouTube, you might watch several of those before deciding.

I was going to write something, but Denver wrote it for me.  🙂 

• Haha 2

’70 Yamaha 125 Enduro; ’75 Honda CB360T; ’81 Yamaha XS650SH; ’82 Honda GL650 Silver Wing Interstate; ’82 Suzuki GS650L; ’87 Yamaha Virago 535; ’87 Yamaha FJ1200; ’96 Honda ST1100; ’99 Yamaha V-Star Classic; ’00 Suzuki SV650; ’07 BMW K1200GT; ’12 Suzuki DR200; ’15 Yamaha FJ-09.  Bold = current

Had the Sena SMH-10 on my last couple of helmets, nice unit and lasted a long time.  Currently running a Cardio Freecom 1+.  Since I ride with all of my friends I don't need to talk to anyone and the 1+ works for me:).  Have had some trouble pairing it with both my iPhone and Garmin Zumo XT.  Seems like it is one or the other.  For short around town rides not on the interstate I use speakers in the helmet.  For interstate and longer rides use earbuds for noise isolation and better sound.  Like how easy it is to switch the Freedom 1+ from speakers to earbuds.  Earbuds are a hassle but save my hearing.  Wear the full face helmet on my scooter and the speakers are great so I can listen to music on my 3 minute ride to the grocery store.

Edited by PhotoAl

• 2 weeks later...