Yamaha rear rack and top case question.

Anyone here have the Yamaha rear rack and top case?  If so do you find it to be of good quality and how much trouble is it to key it to your side cases and ignition?  Also, will it hold a full face helmet.

Thank in advance for any responses!

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

I have the OEM rear rack and the 50L top case, that definitely fits two full size (Medium) Shark Spartan 1.2 Carbon helmets. I wouldn't see any reason it wouldn't fit even a (single) XL size full face helmet.

Quality is good and lines of the top case fit the angular design of the 2019/2020 Tracer nicely. I bought the top case re-keyable lock (PN: 2PP-F81C0-V0-00) and was able to key it to ignition in about 25mins, so not that complicated.

• Thumbsup 1

2 hours ago, johnmark101 said:

Anyone here have the Yamaha rear rack and top case?  If so do you find it to be of good quality and how much trouble is it to key it to your side cases and ignition?  Also, will it hold a full face helmet.

I have the 39 liter top box and  it will hold my Shoei Neotec 2xl helmet and my gloves.  Quality is good.  

Thanks for the replies.  I am looking at the 39 liter case.

The Yamaha website shows the rack and case are both out of stock at this time.  

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

• Premium Member
On 11/6/2020 at 4:55 PM, johnmark101 said:

I have the Yamaha rear rack and top case and it have held up well. Material is sturdy, and  it holds a lot, which is helpful for when I tour. I regularly store my full face helmet in the top case, with no issues. As for the locks, you can re-key the provided cylinder to your existing keys at any reputable lock smith. Cost for me was < $10 USD.

I like having two different keys.  I keep a spare ignition in the topbox and a spare topbox key under the seat.  When I was getting out of the county, I carried ignition blanks incase someone needed one .  

Edited by Coop

• 4 weeks later...