• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 38 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

what is this thing?

Skidood

• Premium Member

Thanks a lot guys I have a plan

And during the cold winter months I have lots to do that I can while recovering like I got today the Blaster tail light, I'm going to replace my headlight modulator with a longer lead to the LED controller, check the valves and plugs Etc and have my TBC list for the VTR too

it's nice having a nice heated carpeted well-lit shop with all the tools necessary to putter around undisturbed

Unfortunately I can only fit three bikes in the shop and I have the engine for my rd400 ready to go back in in my basement shop

20201212_175106.jpg

20201211_150513.jpg

20201211_150510.jpg

20201211_150508.jpg

9 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

There also should be a thin piece of braided metal wire with a loop at each end which is supposed to secure your helmet to the bike!

laughably

Precisely what I thought when i saw the cable..haha

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Taking personal gear and devices out of the shop and off the FJ

I've resigned myself that riding is over and that in a little more than a month maybe plus a couple of weeks I'm going to have the back surgery that's been put off for 2 weeks now

If you are having surgery to fix herniated discs, you will be able to ride no problem in the spring.  I had 2 herniated discs, L4, L5,  they went in from the rear, did a laminectomy for good access and just sliced off the herniations.  This was exactly 2 years ago...or was it 3?  Oh geez....anyway I was back at work in 2 weeks.  Hope yours is that simple.

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member

Also L4&5 but slipped laterally and terrible stenosis and dreadful sciatica.  I have to mount and dismount the FJ using the side stand, and know it will fail under my girth.  Plan is to cut away bone around the nerves (decompression), replace discs with spacers and screw in stabilizing hardware so the joints fuse together.

They are debating what to do with my C5&6.  May have my right rotator cuff done too but after my experience with the left, I've put it off for 10 years.  But I also now have 10 years of scar tissue and it really aches as I type this...then there's my right tennis elbow complicated by a floating bone chip, and soft tissue damage in both hands and wrists...never let your kids or grand kids take up Judo and Aikido...

On 12/12/2020 at 7:34 AM, Heli ATP said:

I've got one securing my battery. None came for my tool kit, it just sits in the space. I do see the fastener points though. Now I'm wondering what else I'm missing? 😐

Tool Strap.jpg

I’m scratching my head and wondering if it’s possible the under seat area of my bike was EVER that clean 😂

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 1

• Supporting Member
10 hours ago, angrygirafe said:

I’m scratching my head and wondering if it’s possible the under seat area of my bike was EVER that clean 😂

Give it time 😁. Maybe it's because I have a grand total of 653 miles on my bike. Almost 200 of that went on yesterday before the weather took a turn, it's snowing today. 👍

• Thumbsup 2

• Premium Member

Those guys are pulling your leg. That’s the foreword upper muffler bearing retention strap.  You’ll gain 23.67 horsepower with that removed.  

• Thumbsup 1

Let’s go Brandon

On 12/13/2020 at 7:15 AM, 2and3cylinders said:

Also L4&5 but slipped laterally and terrible stenosis and dreadful sciatica.  I have to mount and dismount the FJ using the side stand, and know it will fail under my girth.  Plan is to cut away bone around the nerves (decompression), replace discs with spacers and screw in stabilizing hardware so the joints fuse together.

They are debating what to do with my C5&6.  May have my right rotator cuff done too but after my experience with the left, I've put it off for 10 years.  But I also now have 10 years of scar tissue and it really aches as I type this...then there's my right tennis elbow complicated by a floating bone chip, and soft tissue damage in both hands and wrists...never let your kids or grand kids take up Judo and Aikido...

Lumbar fusion? You have my sympathies.

• Supporting Member

Well that's embarrassing, mine was in the 'tool kit' also. Never even looked inside as I had my own tool kit already set up. So happy I can gain that extra 23.67 horsepower now.

🤭

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1