• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 46 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

what is this thing?

Skidood

Hi all, so got my new bike home the other day and already playing with suspension setup and whatnot.

This rubber doodad came with it, can someone illuminate my brain as to what this is for?

20201212_090613.jpg

• Supporting Member

I've got one securing my battery. None came for my tool kit, it just sits in the space. I do see the fastener points though. Now I'm wondering what else I'm missing? 😐

Tool Strap.jpg

• Supporting Member
36 minutes ago, Heli ATP said:

I've got one securing my battery. None came for my tool kit, it just sits in the space. I do see the fastener points though.

Hmm...  now you have me wondering.   I’ll wander out to the shop and take a quick look at mine.  

• Premium Member

A very common mod is to cut the walls of the tray away everywhere, I did it with a very sharp knife, to provide more room under the saddle.

The toolkit will still fit under the seat support, and then you don't need to bungee it down.  You will then have room for other essential things obviously missing from the tool kit.

• Premium Member

Taking personal gear and devices out of the shop and off the FJ

I've resigned myself that riding is over and that in a little more than a month maybe plus a couple of weeks I'm going to have the back surgery that's been put off for 2 weeks now

but I can get a lot done in the meantime

this photo is sad when my sunglasses radar detector and I-pass go back into the cage

Ever been to Portillo's?

20201212_130536.jpg

• Supporting Member
4 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

I've resigned myself that riding is over and that in a little more than a month maybe plus a couple of weeks I'm going to have the back surgery that's been put off for 2 weeks now

You are fortunate to be getting the procedure out of the way during the 'off season' so you can be back in shape and hopefully back in the saddle when spring comes around.  Best wishes on a positive outcome and speedy recovery.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***