Insurance

Just out of curiosity what types of insurance do you carry and what is your premium? I have a 250 comprehensive deductible 1000 collision, and pay approximately 320 a year. I keep 1000 deductible on collision figuring it would have to be pretty bad for me to use.

My comp is $100 and collision is $250. The low 250 number was a grandfathered in policy I have had for 20 years that gets rolled over to a new bike when I purchase. State Farm is the carrier and I believe they will not even write a 250 collision new policy now days. Either way the low collision amount doesn't really effect my premiums, (good to be old sometimes) it is only $175 every 6 months.

By comparison my 2021 GSX-R1000R is $500 comp and $1000 collision and it is a whoping $900 a year 😡

Edited by roy826

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, roy826 said:

Either way the low collision amount doesn't really effect my premiums, (good to be old sometimes) it is only $175 every 6 months.

By comparison my 2021 GSX-R1000R is $500 comp and $1000 collision and it is a whoping $900 a year 😡

When we moved from CA to MS 14 years ago, I was surprised at how expensive moto insurance was here. Any $$ I saved on auto insurance compared to CA went into moto insurance. With a driving teenager now my auto insurance basically doubled, too. 

Insurers here only want to insure cruisers. Most of them wanted as much $$ for a 250 dual sport as for @roy826's GSXR. I have to switch companies every 5 years or so to get better rates. 

(High insurance is probably due to MS' high moto death rates per capita - probably because the "per capita" is relatively small)

$450/yr on the FJ09 for comp and collision from Allstate. $500 deductible I think.

• Thumbsup 1

Our high auto insurance here in MS is mainly due to the high number of uninsured drivers is what I have been told for years. I can believe that because every accident my wife has been in with an auto the other driver had no insurance. I do not think that was a coincidence.

• Premium Member

Pretty cheap insurance here in Oregon. I pay State Farm $220 per year with deductibles of $100 comp and $250 collision. I've been with State Farm for ~20 years and get a discount for bundled home, auto, moto, and life insurance.

I don't know if my deductibles are grandfathered or if I could get them again. I started this FJ-09 policy in 2015 and did not have a motorcycle from 2008-2015. My Triumph TT600 was cheap to insure with them too, it was ~$120 per year for the same coverage. 

• Supporting Member

To many factors to consider when comparing you insurance to mine. My age, bundled discounts etc.

However....NE PA USA, Progressive Insurance, 2017 FJ-09, Cost $220, $500 collision/deductible and $3000 allowance for added accessories.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
4 hours ago, Heli ATP said:

To many factors to consider when comparing you insurance to mine. My age, bundled discounts etc.

However....NE PA USA, Progressive Insurance, 2017 FJ-09, Cost $220, $500 collision/deductible and $3000 allowance for added accessories.

Pretty much the same for me here in Michigan. $260.00 yearly with Progressive!

14 hours ago, roy826 said:

The ole ya have to pay to play. I'm an old VMax guy and I always loved it that the VMax was listed and still is, the Gen1 that is, as a cruiser. That's 1 tire smokin' critter there, LOL!

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

State Farm:  Arkansas.  Clean driving record (knocks on wood).

Comp $50 ded

Collision $250 ded

Total annual $648

* Expecting a premium increase next billing period.  Filed a claim for new front wheel replacement recently, which is covered under "collision".