• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

I survived the FJ/MT-09 recall of 2015.

• Premium Member
I leaked it. 
It's been relatively painless for me.

Somebody should make shirts.  "Never forget" kind of silliness.  

How has this affected you?
still waiting for parts for mine. They are suppose to call me when the parts come in.  
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Was very lucky. Dealer was very quick to order the parts and do the work even though it seemed that delivery of the parts to the dealer took some time. The dealer also arranged to pick up and drop off the bike around my schedule which I wasn't expecting. I am just happy to be out riding now...

My FJ is sitting in my garage waiting for the dealer to call me when parts arrive . In the mean time Im back on my 02 FZ1 as my commuter , I forgot how good the FZ1 is !
[br I am in the same boat except I have the zx6r as a second bike. Way faster the the fj. Not sure why everyone thinks the fj is fast I find it kind of boring in speed but I didnt buy if for that. Got it so the wifey would ride with me.

• Premium Member
My FJ is sitting in my garage waiting for the dealer to call me when parts arrive . In the mean time Im back on my 02 FZ1 as my commuter , I forgot how good the FZ1 is !
UGH! I have envy! I'm regretting the fact I sold my 03 FZ1 two weeks before I Heard about the recall and now I'm stuck driving my Daytona Ram pickup, getting 13 mpg, to work. I'm trying to limit putting miles on the ram.
Bill
2015 Heeled by the hands of Nel's @ 2WheelDynoworks
K-Tech forks and shock
lots of other expensive unimportant stuff.
The "Ex" 2003 FZ1
Ride more, worry less.

• Premium Member
Dropped mine off at the dealer the 14th, and am not expecting it back til the end of the month. Coincided with the 600 mile service also. Dealer said he wouldn't order the parts til they had my bike in the shop, and i asked why not order parts for the number of bikes yo sold? They don't want to be stuck with parts un-used, and un-returnable....I don't know....

• Premium Member
I got my recall work done today, The bike was in the shop for 2 hours & 16 minutes (but who was counting?). But at least whoever follows me at that Yamaha shop on Ina Road in Tucson should have it better, since they now know what needs to be done - at least on the FJ's and FZ's. I think my bike was the first one they did.

Works fine, but then it worked fine before I took it in, too.
Don't follow. Don't lead. Don't join.

I got mine done today too.  They had three FJ-09s at my dealer and the one I bought was the only red one and the only one on on the recall list.  But that's okay 'cause it's still the prettiest!   Like with the poster from Tucson, my dealer had received about ten kits and mine was the first to be installed.  I probably would have preferred they practice on their own demonstrator, but all seems to be well after about a 50 mile ride home.  Since I never stopped riding the bike, all in all it wasn't much of a problem, since I had the 600 mile service done at the same time.  Now let's ride!!

Archived