Gas Milage

16 minutes ago, keithu said:

I wonder if there's a Ram mount for a French press?

I'll design one for ya. Although I shudder at the possible options for a hot water supply... (How DOES Prestone mix with creamer I wonder?)

Very similar to what  I got in Wyoming.  Very nice when gas stations are scarce.  Filled up at a small town named Encampment, old Sinclair station.  Pump then pay, town parad had just finished and fire department had to skip to go fight a fire and had just returned.  Got to talk to the Chief of Police while waiting. He was super nice and looked every bit the part of a western lawman.  Encampment is between Snowy Mountain Road and Battle Pass.  Note 10,000 foot passes Nd great roads.  From Encampment rode to Craig Colorado before getting gas again.  Don’t think there was any gas between them, at least 80 miles before gas!  

Edited by PhotoAl

On 7/9/2021 at 4:07 PM, texscottyd said:

Exactly my experience.   I’ve never bothered to reset the average fuel economy, so this is 42.6 mpg indicated over 21k+ miles.  

4D567674-FC68-4CD6-9C6A-F7F3130E6469.thumb.jpeg.e805769ec4075962eb26ac149d056c6a.jpeg

Just back from 3400 miles KS, CO, NM, AZ, and some UT. Average ove about 7 tanks shows 56.7. Couldn't reset the mileage each tank because the damn thumb wheel thing wouldn't work. We rode into strong headwinds, lots of mountains and deserts. Mountains and altitude usually help. 

As for fuel tank capacity, my warning light srltarted flashing and mileage counter started the count up. We were far from gas so I rode the shoulder at the speed that indicated the highest mpg. Made it 43 miles to gas riding that way and the tank took 4.675 gal. If tank capacity is 4.8gal as stated I had fumes and a couple drops left. Hope this info is helpful. Lucky to have found gas in Kit Carson CO. It wasnt listed on phone or gps, and next listed gas was over 30 mikes. I carry a siphon hose and would have used it if needed.

• Thumbsup 1

On 7/11/2021 at 7:32 AM, PhotoAl said:

Very similar to what  I got in Wyoming.  Very nice when gas stations are scarce.  Filled up at a small town named Encampment, old Sinclair station.  Pump then pay, town parad had just finished and fire department had to skip to go fight a fire and had just returned.  Got to talk to the Chief of Police while waiting. He was super nice and looked every bit the part of a western lawman.  Encampment is between Snowy Mountain Road and Battle Pass.  Note 10,000 foot passes Nd great roads.  From Encampment rode to Craig Colorado before getting gas again.  Don’t think there was any gas between them, at least 80 miles before gas!  

Snowy Range is neat, camped there. Centennial motel used to be comical. The steak house may not be ooen now but was excellent.

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
On 7/9/2021 at 4:07 PM, texscottyd said:

Exactly my experience.   I’ve never bothered to reset the average fuel economy, so this is 42.6 mpg indicated over 21k+ miles.  

4D567674-FC68-4CD6-9C6A-F7F3130E6469.thumb.jpeg.e805769ec4075962eb26ac149d056c6a.jpeg

My gauge reads about the same same but actual mileage is usually a couple of miles less per gallon

• Thumbsup 1

I’ve been recording on image.thumb.png.93b67085f777629eaa9fc4f0d728728e.png fuelly for a few months now. 

This is with a Puig touring and the added MRA X-creen.

I’ve just switched to an MRA Touring which is a lot more aerodynamic so I hope I will get better mileage. 

Btw, absolutely negligible variance between ethanol and non-ethanol fuel in my findings. This fuelly log is 95% non-ethanol. Before I used E10 (10%) always.

• Thumbsup 1