900 GT Owners with aftermarket levers...what works with cruise control??

My fellow 900 GT owners.  Those of you who have switched to aftermarket adjustable levers, which ones actually work to properly allow engagement of the factory cruise control??  I recently added some e-bay levers that had this issue.  Upon further research I found that others may have encountered this as well.  I can probably 3D print something to correct this, but want to know what others have found.   Any US distributors stock levers that work?  Someone mentioned that MT-10 levers do the trick, can anyone confirm?

These aftermarket ones in particular are just a but too short an farther back with the "switch arm" (I don't know what it's called).

I did not see pictures of the issue, so here are some for those that want to know (stock levers first):

211271754_1184061932070581_3744606964727518276_n.thumb.jpg.08e74abcac2599d0854f037f0af15736.jpg213209265_114724190779149_5131947439261877307_n.thumb.jpg.b491c808c94cb0d5757d4c3a5a49d852.jpg

Do they work with the factory cruise control?  Do you have part numbers?  

I wish their website would move out of the late 90's lol.  As I mentioned, I was hoping to find some US distributed levers mainly for ease of return if needed (they do have a US distributor listed, but they do not show levers for the Tracer 900 GT).

At first I had an issue as well with the Evo-Techs, but found that you have to use the original bushing from the stock levers. Otherwise there is too much play.

No problems since then.

Edited by Fleng
  • Thumbsup 1

Thanks for the info guys.  Anyone know of any US distributed levers that work?  This is the first bike I've ever had issues with as far as aftermarket levers (I have gotten the cheaper e-bay levers for my last 4 bikes with no issues).   I saw both those levers referenced in other threads.  

Can you guys provide any pics showing how these levers interact with the clutch lever switch (like the ones I provided)?

Edited by Butrzrulz

2 hours ago, Fleng said:

At first I had an issue as well with the Evo-Techs, but found that you have to use the original bushing from the stock levers. Otherwise there is too much play.

No problems since then.

Yes thats a given but my evotechs barely...and I mean barely engaged the cruises/clutch switch plunger.  It just wasn't right.

So given that there are potential issues with some of those lever choices, do ANY accurately replicate the stock lever when it comes to clutch switch engagement?  I managed to print out a part to make my current levers cruise control friendly, but would rather have a properly machined lever.

5 minutes ago, Butrzrulz said:

I managed to print out a part to make my current levers cruise control friendly, but would rather have a properly machined lever.

Any details you care to share? I'd also done the "eBay lever" thing, with the same result. I put the OEM clutch lever back on for the nonce, just have not done the work to design and print a fix as yet.

15 hours ago, Butrzrulz said:

So given that there are potential issues with some of those lever choices, do ANY accurately replicate the stock lever when it comes to clutch switch engagement?  I managed to print out a part to make my current levers cruise control friendly, but would rather have a properly machined lever.

Yes, the AVDB - Moto levers are perfect in regrds to the clutch switch.  If you read the description they are made for the GT (and MT-10) with Cruise control.  I am very happy with mine.

Edited by CRFan250
  • Thumbsup 1