Part help needed

I washed my bike (2020 GT) and when I was drying it, a rubber piece fell off and I'm not sure exactly where it came from. I'm hoping these pictures might help to pinpoint where it came off.

I believe it came off near the rear shock adjuster or perhaps near the rear tire hugger (closer to the front of the rear tire), kind of where one piece of plastic meets the other (vertical to horizontal).

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

James

image000000.jpg

image0000001.jpg

• Supporting Member

Hi @jamespz03 - I’m about 95% sure that fits inside the saddlebag lower mounting tab, and the mounting bracket slides up inside that rubber piece when you put the bag on the bike.  It will keep the saddlebag from rattling around on the lower mount.  

• Thumbsup 2

34 minutes ago, texscottyd said:

Hi @jamespz03 - I’m about 95% sure that fits inside the saddlebag lower mounting tab, and the mounting bracket slides up inside that rubber piece when you put the bag on the bike.  It will keep the saddlebag from rattling around on the lower mount.  

Are you talking about this tab? The large rubber piece on the bracket? The one I showed is very small....about the size of your thumb nail. I'll still look around where you said, I just wanted to double-check. Thanks!!

https://japan.webike.net/products/22995355.html

Edited by jamespz03

• Supporting Member

Yes, that’s the part I was thinking about…  I didn’t realize the rubber piece you have there is so small, and that’s obviously not it.  

The little prong grips on the inside looks like it’s designed to go over a frame tab of some sort, but I have no idea where that would be located on a GT.   Rear bodywork or a side panel, perhaps?   

Good luck… wish I could help you here. 

15 minutes ago, whisperquiet said:

Why?  If used properly, it is a great aid in cleaning a bike.

Do it all the time. Gotta be smart enough to not get close to places where bearings, seals, or electrical connections lurk. 

• Thumbsup 1

3 hours ago, craz1 said:

Hope your not using a pressure washer

No, I used a foam king, which I recommend. This was when I was drying it and trying to get the tight spaces. I think it goes on/near the tire hugger.

On 8/24/2021 at 1:01 PM, texscottyd said:

Yes, that’s the part I was thinking about…  I didn’t realize the rubber piece you have there is so small, and that’s obviously not it.  

The little prong grips on the inside looks like it’s designed to go over a frame tab of some sort, but I have no idea where that would be located on a GT.   Rear bodywork or a side panel, perhaps?   

Good luck… wish I could help you here. 

Thanks! I knew this was a long shot...finding a needle in a needle stack. Appreciate the help.

12 hours ago, craz1 said:

Hope your not using a pressure washer

Nothing wrong with using a pressure washer if you know what you're doing. I intend to use it on my Tracer this weekend for the first time on this bike. Will be using it with a  foam cannon.

Regards, Grumpy Goat | 2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT & 2016 BMW R1200RS