Goodbye 900GT.

Kenny A.

• Supporting Member

Well today I traded in my 900gt and ordered a 9GT in red. 👍  Should get it next week,or early the week after. Ordered a pair of SW Motech engine bars for new bike,only to be told they are unavailable until January at the earliest. W.T.F.??? 😡😡. So if your gonna order these bars for a 9GT,don't hold your breath !!

• Thumbsup 2

2019 900 GT, 1969 Honda S90

• Supporting Member

I like the look of the SW Motech bars,and they are also a lot cheaper than the genuine Yamaha ones. There isn't much choice for the 9GT,yet.

• Supporting Member

Congrats on your purchase! I think the new 9GT in Red is particularly handsome!!

Gotta appreciate a guy that started out on an S90. My first "real" motorcycle was a 1968 Honda CL90.....😎

• Supporting Member

Engine bars for 9GT.  Genuine Yamaha bars £306 + delivery.

SW Motech bars  £190 delivered.

These are the options available at present. 🙁

• Supporting Member
6 minutes ago, fjrchuck said:

Congrats on your purchase! I think the new 9GT in Red is particularly handsome!!

Gotta appreciate a guy that started out on an S90. My first "real" motorcycle was a 1968 Honda CL90.....😎

Looked at the CL90,but decided on the S90.🙂

IMG_0280.JPG

• Thumbsup 1

1 hour ago, Kenny A. said:

I like the look of the SW Motech bars,and they are also a lot cheaper than the genuine Yamaha ones. There isn't much choice for the 9GT,yet.

I think kilo3 meant the bike, not the bars..

• Thumbsup 3

• Supporting Member
58 minutes ago, Manxkiwi said:

I think kilo3 meant the bike, not the bars..

I change my bikes after 2 years,normally. The T9 just seems such a good bike. I'll soon find out.🤓

If I decide to sell the Tracer I would go for something like a Concours (except its so heavy and I don't need 1400 cc) or something else that gives a more sport riding position.  I wish the Tracer seat was a bit further downwards in the chassis.  Any suggestions, feel free to share.

I've sunk so much $$$ into my 2020 900 GT that I have to stay married to it for a good few 3+ years, I'm thinking.

But by 2026 or so, the aftermarket should have fully caught up making goodies for this beast here... I could be tempted, maybe....

GSX-S1000GT_M2_QT8_Diagonal_Saddlebags_2400x1600.png.817c4482f0af29da4343276efc5b26ff.png

• Thumbsup 3

13 minutes ago, Warchild said:

I've sunk so much $$$ into my 2020 900 GT that I have to stay married to it for a good few 3+ years, I'm thinking.

But by 2026 or so, the aftermarket should have fully caught up making goodies for this beast here... I could be tempted, maybe....

GSX-S1000GT_M2_QT8_Diagonal_Saddlebags_2400x1600.png.817c4482f0af29da4343276efc5b26ff.png

Too funny, I was just looking at those a few days ago (online of course)  TY.

• Supporting Member

I had sunk £££'s  into the my bike as well,but was able to take several items off,and sell them to a mate,who coincidentally has a Phantom Blue 900gt as well.

At least I recouped some of the fortune I had spent on it. 😊😊

Other items have been removed and will go on my T9. 👍

Edited by Kenny A.
Add text.

the suzuki shows current weight (no Bags) as 498lbs, so about 20lbs heavier than the Tracer.  not sure I want to go up in weight.  It was one of the reasons I went Tracer vs the BMW S1000xr.  the XR is about 20lbs heavier than the Tracer.  It will be interesting.

• Thumbsup 2

16 minutes ago, Rdecae81 said:

the suzuki shows current weight (no Bags) as 498lbs, so about 20lbs heavier than the Tracer.  not sure I want to go up in weight.  It was one of the reasons I went Tracer vs the BMW S1000xr.  the XR is about 20lbs heavier than the Tracer.  It will be interesting.

Yeah, weights a big thing for me too.  Personally, I'm really not interested in the oversized sportbike traditional Sport Touring machine at all. 

A huge plus of the Tracer for me when I was shopping was that it was fundamentally still a MT09 - a bit heavier (much of that due to the gas tank size) but very much still a hooligan bike with touring add-ons.  

While the Suzie sports an extra 20 lbs, it's also got 50% more power.  This still leaves turning, but I'd have to directly compare the bikes.  If the Suzie has a shorter wheelbase that could easily compensate. The Tracer is at the upper edge of harder turning for me with it's long swingarm.

But as to @Warchild above, yeah, that's definitely a thing for me.  So much money spent on farkles and suspension, most of which isn't really sellable separately either because it's too specific/internal (spring and the like) or too many smaller things that individually aren't worth the hassle.  I respect the new cp3 is objectively better (and am jealous!) but... Too many dollars spent getting the Tracer Just Right for me that would be unrecoverable.  I'll hold onto it for at least another couple years for sure.  

That said, the new T9 looks awesome, the new engine is an improvement on a gem as it stood, and I'm kinda jealous of @Kenny A.

• Thumbsup 2