Yamaha comfort seat

Hello everyone, can any of you tell me if the Yamaha comfort seat is taller than the stock seat on my 2019 Tracer 900 and if so by how much? It looks like it is thicker and maybe wider?  I have seen a lot of good things on the Bagster seats, but after looking at them online I feel like the Yamaha may be better quality and looks more OEM?  Any thoughts would be appreciated, Thanks

Yes it is a tad taller.

I've had both Bagster Bultex and Yamaha comfort.

Bagster ready lux was off chrome burner. It was too soft. My butt could constantly feel the seat pan.

The Yamaha comfort was abit too hard and tall for my liking. But the material that was used offers huge amounts of grip as compared to the original seat.

For reference, i'm 5 7 and have a 32" inseam.

Eventually I sold both and reverted back to the original.

YMMV. Hope this helps.

Edited by quaxum
  • Thumbsup 2

10 hours ago, quaxum said:

Yes it is a tad taller.

I've had both Bagster Bultex and Yamaha comfort.

Eventually I sold both and reverted back to the original.

YMMV. Hope this helps.

Yes it helps. At least I know not to bother with the Comfort Seat.

So far I have found the Tracer 900 GT's seat to be the worst seat (in terms of comfort) that I have ever experienced on a motorcycle I owned. I installed the slope mod and that helped with the sliding forward issue (although it is never going to be totally eradicated because the seat is shaped the way it is) but still I have this "butt aware" feeling of the seat, where I always have some level of discomfort such that the seat is on my mind while I am riding. I don't want to be thinking of the seat when riding ... got better things to be thinking about. Could be related to the upright position as well as this is the first upright-ish bike I ever had.

• Thumbsup 2

Regards, Grumpy Goat | 2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT & 2016 BMW R1200RS

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
On 11/5/2021 at 7:18 AM, Grumpy Goat said:

Yes it helps. At least I know not to bother with the Comfort Seat.

So far I have found the Tracer 900 GT's seat to be the worst seat (in terms of comfort) that I have ever experienced on a motorcycle I owned. I installed the slope mod and that helped with the sliding forward issue (although it is never going to be totally eradicated because the seat is shaped the way it is) but still I have this "butt aware" feeling of the seat, where I always have some level of discomfort such that the seat is on my mind while I am riding. I don't want to be thinking of the seat when riding ... got better things to be thinking about. Could be related to the upright position as well as this is the first upright-ish bike I ever had.

I have had a similar experience with the seat on my BMW S1000 XR.  It slopes forward, it's not comfortable, it's always on my mind while I am riding.  I purchased three aftermarket seats, all were better than OEM, none were "ride and not think about the seat".  So I took one of the seat to a seat customizer in the Denver area and he shaped it to my liking.  I recommend you try something like that, there's gotta be somebody in the Houston area that does this.

• Thumbsup 2

2019 Tracer 900 GT

Niwot CO
USA

I have the heated Yamaha comfort seat and am very happy with it. I'm 6' and I don't feel that I'm sliding forward and the seat is never on my mind. Maybe it helps that my back and neck hurt always wherever I sit.

Just did test rides with KTM and Honda and I did not like those seats more than this one... The seating position on the Tracer fits me like a glove with the comfort seat on the low setting.

5 hours ago, runnerhiker said:

I have had a similar experience with the seat on my BMW S1000 XR.  It slopes forward, it's not comfortable, it's always on my mind while I am riding.

That sucks, I had imagined BMW to nail things like that. Glad you got it sorted out.

6 hours ago, runnerhiker said:

I have had a similar experience with the seat on my BMW S1000 XR.  It slopes forward, it's not comfortable, it's always on my mind while I am riding.  I purchased three aftermarket seats, all were better than OEM, none were "ride and not think about the seat".  So I took one of the seat to a seat customizer in the Denver area and he shaped it to my liking.  I recommend you try something like that, there's gotta be somebody in the Houston area that does this.

Thanks Ron. This crap seat made it to my YT video on of 15 things that I love / hate / "meh" about the Tracer 900 GT. Overall, I do like the bike of course and am thankful for the seat slope mod, which helps my 2019 seat. In time may look into getting the curvature corrected but that would raise the seat even more than my 30" inseam would like. Depends on how overpowering my "likes" are. 🙂

• Thumbsup 1

Regards, Grumpy Goat | 2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT & 2016 BMW R1200RS

I'm coming to the (correct??) conclusion that my sitting pain is from getting older. 

I have the slope mod, custom Sargent seat with 1.5 inches extra foam and I'm still only good for a bit over 1.5 hours at one time in the saddle. Then it's time to stop and stretch/get off my butt.

I'm done spending $$$ on it. although the above is an improvement from where it was. 

• Thumbsup 2

On 11/28/2021 at 6:58 AM, peteinpa said:

I'm coming to the (correct??) conclusion that my sitting pain is from getting older. 

I have the slope mod, custom Sargent seat with 1.5 inches extra foam and I'm still only good for a bit over 1.5 hours at one time in the saddle. Then it's time to stop and stretch/get off my butt.

I'm done spending $$$ on it. although the above is an improvement from where it was. 

hah yeah, I hear this.  I honestly never once gave any thought to a motorcycle's seat before I got my 2018 MT07.  Every bike before that, going back decades, never thought about the seat at all.  Now, to be fair, the MT07's seat is kind of awful, just a board, and for the years immediately prior to that I wasn't on any rides over an hour at a time, but I feel it's much more a problem with getting old than seats in general.  The Tracer seat isn't particularly bad (particularly with the slope mod); and it's much more comfortable than a lot of bikes these days... But yeah, these days, I get 2, 2 and a half hours at *max* before I've got to rest and stretch.  I don't think any amount of seat replacing is really going to change that.

That said, it doesn't much matter anyways because my bladder wouldn't let me go much longer anyways. 

• Thumbsup 1