Turn signal canceller

prmurat

So far I really like my  Niken GT but I cannot understand how a modern/geeky bike like this does not offer an automatic signal canceller… I still have this one that I bought for another bike which I sold before installing it: https://ozrobotics.com/shop/motorcycle-smart-turn-system-sts-automatic-turn-signal-cancelling-module/

Anyone tried this ?

Then I may have one problem: my used Niken came only with one, black, key and not the famous “red” one. Apart of a $2000 solution what are the options?

thks

Edited by prmurat
Wrong wording

• Supporting Member

Welcome to the group. Entire discussion thread on turn signal cancelation here. 

Also not sure what you mean by the red key. Please clarify since the only red key I'm familiar with is specific to the Dodge Demon/Hellcats?

Edited by maximNikenGT
  • Thanks 1

2019 Niken GT
"Motorcycles - the brand is not important, the fact that you ride is."

• Supporting Member
58 minutes ago, prmurat said:

Then I may have one problem: my used Niken came only with one, black, key and not the famous “red” one.

The U.S. spec bikes don’t utilize the red key security features, so I think you’re fine.   There would have been two black keys originally delivered with the bike, but they’re easy (and cheap) to replace.  

8 hours ago, prmurat said:

So far I really like my  Niken GT but I cannot understand how a modern/geeky bike like this does not offer an automatic signal canceller… I still have this one that I bought for another bike which I sold before installing it: https://ozrobotics.com/shop/motorcycle-smart-turn-system-sts-automatic-turn-signal-cancelling-module/

Anyone tried this ?

Then I may have one problem: my used Niken came only with one, black, key and not the famous “red” one. Apart of a $2000 solution what are the options?

thks

The key blanks are the same for all three of my Yamaha bikes…..an Ilco with number X248 YM63 and we’re about $5.00 each cut at the local locksmith.

• Supporting Member

Now you got me curious as to what this red key looks like. First time I've even heard of this. Anyone have pictures?

2019 Niken GT

• Supporting Member
32 minutes ago, maximNikenGT said:

Now you got me curious as to what this red key looks like. First time I've even heard of this. Anyone have pictures?

Let's see Yamaha give us extra HP with different keys  😂

Red key v Black key

Edited by Heli ATP

• Supporting Member
11 hours ago, prmurat said:

10 hours ago, maximNikenGT said:

Also not sure what you mean by the red key. Please clarify since the only red key I'm familiar with is specific to the Dodge Demon/Hellcats?

1 hour ago, maximNikenGT said:

European bikes have immobilizers, the red key is 'chipped' and can only be ordered/replaced/programmed by the dealer.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, Heli ATP said:

Let's see Yamaha give us extra HP with different keys  😂

Red key v Black key

I'd pay the money if it unlocked as much hp as the Hellcat's Red key.

FIREPOWAH!!!!!

https://images.app.goo.gl/9GJk7WhdiiJzgzZ57

Edited by maximNikenGT

2019 Niken GT

• Premium Member
On 1/16/2022 at 11:33 AM, skipperT said:

Ugghhh, Micah. Why you gotta show off the (beauty) special tool again?

-Skip

When you got it, you flaunt it. 

• Haha 1

Let’s go Brandon