My Saturday sucked... I got hit by a car

• Supporting Member

**Final update.-  Just short of 4 weeks after the incident, his insurance issued me a damage compensation payment, the total for personal property and vehicle damage was just under $6,000. 

The claim is now being closed and most importantly, I don't have to apply for a salvage title. 😎

• Thumbsup 9

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

That is great, sounds like you came out well.  Goal should always be to make it "whole".   Seeing as how you could have very easily filed a medical claim they my guess is they are motivated by keeping that from happening.

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member
3 minutes ago, PhotoAl said:

That is great, sounds like you came out well.  Goal should always be to make it "whole".   Seeing as how you could have very easily filed a medical claim they my guess is they are motivated by keeping that from happening.

Agreed, not having an injury claim to deal with made it easy for them and saved them potentially 10's of thousands of dollars.

I'll stop by the shop tomorrow morning and order the few parts I need to fix the cosmetic damage.  The rest will go to my yearly road trip fund. 

Since I have already bought tires, oil, filters and chain and sprockets for the year, I told my buddies that whiskey and steaks are on me on our annual trip this summer. 👍

• Thumbsup 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***