Tracer/FJ underseat tool kit contents.......

• Premium Member
Cycle Gear in the U.S. has tool kits in both english and metric. They retail at $80.00 U.S. but I got one for 50% off. on sale It's actually pretty comprehensive. Now I keep that in one of my hard luggage panniers. It's too big for under the seat. When I saw the," Tool kit" that came with my FJ09, I laughed. My Ural Gear -Up came with a huge tool kit. Enough to just about do anything on the rig. But with a Ural you really need a huge tool kit because it always requires tinkering. ;-)
A Motorcyclist's Church is the open road....

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry to dig up the dead here........ 
Can someone please post up a pic of the c-spanner adjusting tool for the rear shock that some of you seem to get as standard in your tool kit.

Here in Oz we don't get that tool and I've tried a couple of different places and they don't know what I'm talking about.

A bike shop sold me a universal c-spanner saying "it'll be right love, they all fit, that's why they're universal"......well it doesn't damn well fit and I can't take it back cos the packaging is busted up.
As you know there isn't alot of room there, so the correct tool would be nice

So any help you guys can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
k
Hi Kimmie This thing ?
It was in my kit (S.E. QLD)
I'd go back to the dealer for yours.
FOa-f3k9i-1KTLYnwyILFbtOnbFGJOrF7xM7-oKww8F99i0HYHoCqegXy30keTZx5SN-JFx5wcDonwn6U05KE_MAsn2gsHH0T1GcdKq_Xy8FEW7fj9k0Df4UjbdxAdAEYeryK-UkaC8Ba8nhWn-PIQ-mik_M48xUGemLGzhoFEKpsyvMYfPkWqrSTEXKlxr7VAzz9fQBc0R9FqqE5OWFpx-RNNMkax5g2iZSais36twOn6DAMTQ69xGQbfH62w_ScUw8I-t2PHT8tJPyCrVGZHe9qttYo-_t8lcK2EIdmHqtHcAGw7UvOawMBQyrsc_CFFViCfLRnkSNiQ4P0i5isD6dAn9_dSptg53-NP8kLO3HnR5rqCFdjOCzq8LjBqSonY6qBN1xsN7Q95IisKozHDrPKhaQzYaGFR7gLzPt_H9XSDgkJEvalUBVOXAmIDTm9UgonlzAWlCwCh7Kq7Erh865ibyT8KISTXIBmQYswji7pgPRjIp3UZ015ypvWTW-PQVUJXZoveQvAECa7m-UqquCw41W1yKcZ5TW08O0W4NvZ6T7t3upg9yFruuaa2S21CImbA=w1203-h890-no

This thing ? It was in my kit (S.E. QLD)
I'd go back to the dealer for yours.
FOa-f3k9i-1KTLYnwyILFbtOnbFGJOrF7xM7-oKww8F99i0HYHoCqegXy30keTZx5SN-JFx5wcDonwn6U05KE_MAsn2gsHH0T1GcdKq_Xy8FEW7fj9k0Df4UjbdxAdAEYeryK-UkaC8Ba8nhWn-PIQ-mik_M48xUGemLGzhoFEKpsyvMYfPkWqrSTEXKlxr7VAzz9fQBc0R9FqqE5OWFpx-RNNMkax5g2iZSais36twOn6DAMTQ69xGQbfH62w_ScUw8I-t2PHT8tJPyCrVGZHe9qttYo-_t8lcK2EIdmHqtHcAGw7UvOawMBQyrsc_CFFViCfLRnkSNiQ4P0i5isD6dAn9_dSptg53-NP8kLO3HnR5rqCFdjOCzq8LjBqSonY6qBN1xsN7Q95IisKozHDrPKhaQzYaGFR7gLzPt_H9XSDgkJEvalUBVOXAmIDTm9UgonlzAWlCwCh7Kq7Erh865ibyT8KISTXIBmQYswji7pgPRjIp3UZ015ypvWTW-PQVUJXZoveQvAECa7m-UqquCw41W1yKcZ5TW08O0W4NvZ6T7t3upg9yFruuaa2S21CImbA=w1203-h890-no

THAT's IT!!!!!  Thanks SunCoaster.

I'll contact a specific Yamaha dealership to get one. Hopefully they'll be a little more helpful.

Thanks again soooooooo much!

Kimmie......the lady who likes to take little detours :)

I have always put together my own toolkit. Not top-end tools, but stuff I wouldn't be too embarrassed to use or upset to lose. My current roll (for a Fazer 1000) includes the spark plug tool, a 10 and 2x12mm spanners, a few Alan keys, roll of insulating tape, wire connector block and a couple of feet of 1.5mm wire, small flathead and medium crosshead screwdrivers, snips, Stanly knife and half a dozen cable ties. I don't carry the preload adjuster or the wheel sockets because I don't use them on the side of the road. On longer trips, I include spare bulbs, tyre plugs and some gaffer tape.

• 1 month later...
So I ordered the OEM rear shock adjusting spanner (as per pic above). Took about 2 weeks to arrive (Yamaha AUS were out of stock) but cost me less than $20. At least now I (well hubby) can make adjustments if required without using a flat end and lumpy.

I also carry other tools Paulsmith and like you an assortment of breakdown accessories (including a mini compressor, jumper leads & first aid kit).

Guest bruinfj09guy
Can't believe a bike didn't come with the rear suspension wrench, and that the dealer made you pay for it!

Aside from that, miss the heck out of my time in Oz. Spent about a year there almost ten years ago (damn, time flies). Maybe one day I'll be back to take a motorcycle trip. :D

So I ordered the OEM rear shock adjusting spanner (as per pic above).  

I think you've been dudded, kimmie, assuming you bought the bike new.   Mine has that spanner included along with an extending handle (well, a bit of flat ss tube actually).   Used both today to tweak the rear suspension. [em]Wordsmith - ’39 model – Brisbane, Queensland, Australia[/em]

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Didn't buy new (although only had 2000km on the clock) & the tool pouch that came with it was all but empty.
The dealer isn't local and it's the old "I'll have to contact the original owner" blah blah blah......was just easier to buy one than fluff around.

• 10 months later...
Not to mention their's no 27mm rear axle wrench so if you need to remove your wheel I guess you use your teeth. Jim in Ojai ca

Yeah!!! Bwahahahaha.
Had to adjust the chain the other weekend (at home thankfully) and lucky hubby has a pretty extensive tool box cos there's no way a 27mm socket or 1/2" drive and extension handle is gonna fit under the seat anytime soon.

Besides my little chicken arms don't have the oomph to crack the nut to start with.

Archived