My FJ09 now has a big brother...

betoney

• Supporting Member
5 minutes ago, dazzler24 said:

Whoo Hoo!  Congrats.  Thought you were enamoured with that machine from earlier posts. 🙂

Well done.  Looking forward to your impressions.

Yeah, since the first test ride, I couldn't get it out of my head.  In addition to the recent insurance payout, I also  traded in an unused dirt bike that has been sitting in my garage for years.  I'm fortunate that the used vehicle market is over inflated as it is right now, they gave me much more for my trade in than I ever thought possible.  This deal was an absolute no-brainer.

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
8 minutes ago, betoney said:

Yeah, since the first test ride, I couldn't get it out of my head.  In addition to the recent insurance payout, I also  traded in an unused dirt bike that has been sitting in my garage for years.  I'm fortunate that the used vehicle market is over inflated as it is right now, they gave me much more for my trade in than I ever thought possible.  This deal was an absolute no-brainer.

So, you could say that every your accident has a silver lining. 🙂

• Like 2

Looking forward to your impressions!

• Thumbsup 1

’70 Yamaha 125 Enduro; ’75 Honda CB360T; ’81 Yamaha XS650SH; ’82 Honda GL650 Silver Wing Interstate; ’82 Suzuki GS650L; ’87 Yamaha Virago 535; ’87 Yamaha FJ1200; ’96 Honda ST1100; ’99 Yamaha V-Star Classic; ’00 Suzuki SV650; ’07 BMW K1200GT; ’12 Suzuki DR200; ’15 Yamaha FJ-09.  Bold = current

• Supporting Member
10 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Let the farkling begin!

Use it in good health.

Spoke wheels but does it take tubelss tires?

Did it come with the paniers too?

Those are indeed tubeless!, it has Givi racks but unfortunately no cases, since they were missing, I did negotiate a $650 discount.  I need a tank ring and my SW Motech bag should fit perfectly, or very close.

It did include the factory tool kit, owners manual and 2 factory keys. How often does that happen with a 2nd owner bike?

It came with SW Motech crash bars and skid plate, a Puig screen and factory optional heated grips and center stand.

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member
18 minutes ago, dazzler24 said:

So, you could say that every your accident has a silver lining. 🙂

Indeed!!!  That is also the reason that I have my FJ, insurance payout from hitting the deer in 2016.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member

Congrats!!  That helps take the sting out of it :)

• Like 1

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

• Supporting Member
1 minute ago, knyte said:

Congrats!!  That helps take the sting out of it :)

I am very much looking forward to racking up lots of miles this summer. 👍

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
41 minutes ago, dazzler24 said:

Well done.  Looking forward to your impressions.

6 minutes ago, maximo said:

Looking forward to your impressions!

It will take a bit to re-train my brain to a completely different bike, especially with no manual clutch. 

I am looking forward to experiencing 2 completely different bikes; sporty, light, nimble, higher revving and then larger, muscular but lower revving, more relaxed etc.

Unfortunately we are expecting a lot of rain over the next week so I'll have to have patience before getting out for a nice long ride.

• Supporting Member
34 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

And if I may ask, how muchy b4 and after trade in?

They had it listed for $11,999 + documentation, taxes, title and registration fees.  After applying the money from my insurance claim settlement and the trade in, my total out of pocket cost was $4,000.

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 2