okey dokey let's talk tires...

Larz

Well......loved everything about the Michelin Pilot 4 except for the price and longevity, and the newer models aren't any cheaper. Rear is almost toast after 6k miles, and yes I have proper pressures at all times. I am not going to pay that amount again, and this time will be going with the well regarded Dunlop Roadsmart III.

• Thumbsup 1

My Bridgestone T32s lasted about 8000 Km (~5000 mi), very good wear and very consistent grip through their lifespan.

Got a quote from the tire shop... 320 € for another T32s and 360 € for Road 6s, still undecided.

IMG_5891.thumb.JPEG.49341c57333b0963fc3b3943956cfd1a.JPEG

• Thumbsup 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, miguelix said:

My Bridgestone T32s lasted about 8000 Km (~5000 mi), very good wear and very consistent grip through their lifespan.

Got a quote from the tire shop... 320 € for another T32s and 360 € for Road 6s, still undecided.

IMG_5891.thumb.JPEG.49341c57333b0963fc3b3943956cfd1a.JPEG

Those still have another 1k km on them IMO if not more.

Your prices seem much better than ours if that is for a pair of tires.

If the price is for a set, why not try the 6s; I've heard good things about them?

I've run through 3 sets of T32 (and the T31 before those) and have a set of 5s waiting (and or RS3).

Our doughnut prices shot up during Covid.

14 minutes ago, OZVFR said:

Just replaced my rear with a Road 6, AU$406. What a ripoff. 

Now imagine paying 426 USD for road 5's! Road 6's were 60 more. I did get a 60 dollar rebate though.

• Premium Member

Within the last 12 months I bought Road 5s for under $300 with an $80 discount on eBay then the $60 rebate.

Another pair of T32 & S22 for a bit over $210 each set after rebates, and RS3s for only a bit more.

So I'm set for my FJ and VTR for a couple more seasons.

Then will see where prices are. 🤔

• Thumbsup 1

11 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Within the last 12 months I bought Road 5s for under $300 with an $80 discount on eBay then the $60 rebate.

I remember when that popped up, I didn't get there fast enough, plus I've gotten so many counterfeit items off ebay I just stopped trusting the platform all together.

• Thumbsup 1

1 hour ago, kilo3 said:

I remember when that popped up, I didn't get there fast enough, plus I've gotten so many counterfeit items off ebay I just stopped trusting the platform all together.

EBAY has been overwhelmingly been taken over by the Chinese........

1 hour ago, OldBikers said:

My dealer quoted me $246 for the rear and $171 for the front Road 6 tires. 

Those are some good prices, definitely pull the trigger. I bought my Road 6 set on Revzilla back in May and paid about $30 more for the front and $10 more on the rear.

So far happy with the Road 6s in the twisties and dry slab. Hoping we get some rain or wet weather so I can test these out on the siping capabilities.

11 hours ago, kilo3 said:

I’ve gotten so many counterfeit items off ebay I just stopped trusting the platform all together.

The latest is the full Akra for the Tracer. They were selling them as new for AU$1050, now they’re saying that they’re second hand for the same price. 
A quick look shows that it’s a copy, no link pipes and different exit pipe. 
Problem is people are paying too much money for a much lower quality fake. 
Fine if they advertise it as a fake copy, but a rip off for people who think they’re buying the real thing. 
Many other examples. 
Caveat emptor. 

On 8/11/2023 at 6:09 AM, Ride365 said:

Well......loved everything about the Michelin Pilot 4 except for the price and longevity, and the newer models aren't any cheaper. Rear is almost toast after 6k miles, and yes I have proper pressures at all times. I am not going to pay that amount again, and this time will be going with the well regarded Dunlop Roadsmart III.

On 8/11/2023 at 6:09 AM, Ride365 said:

went into cycle gear couple days ago and dude said we got a set of the 3s ,cool I come back later with my wheels and hoops these re the 4s ,we dont have the 3s,I was pissed ,$200 more ,but im standing there with wheels and heading out in a few days ,I got him to eat the install ,so I bit the bullet ,,from what I hear the 3s and 4s aren't that much different ,,I think the 4s are better in the rain which I could care less  about ,,,I only have a couple hours on tires but all I can say at this point is WOW ,,they lean in so effortlessly ,and carve a line ,,total confidence ,I think you'll be happy 

3 hours ago, OZVFR said:

The latest is the full Akra for the Tracer. They were selling them as new for AU$1050, now they’re saying that they’re second hand for the same price. 
A quick look shows that it’s a copy, no link pipes and different exit pipe. 
Problem is people are paying too much money for a much lower quality fake. 
Fine if they advertise it as a fake copy, but a rip off for people who think they’re buying the real thing. 
Many other examples. 
Caveat emptor. 

anyone knowingly selling that china fake shit should be hung by their nuts ,,amazon is no better ,I was looking for a water pump for chevy van and all that came up was OEM Delco original parts but the price was way too low ,after scouring around the fine print says original replacement duplicate or something like that ,,if it sounds too good to be true  it usually is