Which tank bag?

Hogie

Alabama Craig ( or any other MT505 Givi bag owner).

How close to the front of the bag is the tanklock ring ?

Can the ring be fitted right up at the front i.e. the end of the bag nearest the ignition.??

A pic if the underside would be useful.

Edited by flyfifer

1 hour ago, flyfifer said:

Alabama Craig ( or any other MT505 Givi bag owner).

How close to the front of the bag is the tanklock ring ?

Can the ring be fitted right up at the front i.e. the end of the bag nearest the ignition.??

A pic if the underside would be useful.

Look up the install instructions, I think the receiver installation location on the bottom of the bag is adjustable.

Hi flyfifer,

Here are some pics of the bag that might help. The givi mount is pretty far forward and there are no pre-drilled holes in the bottom like some other bags I've seen. The front of the bag is where that tab is on the left.

The bottle inside (for scale) is 500ml. (Didn't have a banana...)

Cheers!

Craig

IMG_20220412_085820_2.jpg

IMG_20220412_090138_3.jpg

• Thumbsup 2

Craig ,

Thanks for that. Perfect.

I didn't think there would have been positioning options for the lockring - given the MT505 is small. (Unlike as you say the larger bags which have got three/four pre drilled options).

Multiplying the three main dimensions of the 505 gives 11.7 litres: I realise it's not a cuboid shape but the similar calc for the EA123 bag is less than 6 litres. Which is confusing for bags both quoted as 5litres.

The 500ml bottle in your pic clearly shows that your MT505 bag is not circa 11 litres.!

[On my Tracer GT I happily used a Givi XStream 15litre bag BUT I have just changed to a Multistrada V2 and the Xstream covers the ignition key. (The extreme forward position of the Tracer GT ignition key is a great benefit to tank bag selection.].

It is this change that is having me research the smaller offerings.

Thanks for your input.

Edited by flyfifer

• 6 months later...
On 10/17/2022 at 5:24 PM, ApostolosGronquist said:

Depending on the motorcycle model, you can use a tank neck adapter, classic straps, or a magnetic attachment to secure your bags.

SW-MOTECH revolutionized the market for motorcycle luggage accessories with the world's first tank neck adapter with QUICK-LOCK quick-lock. Eliminates the need for time-consuming cable ties: PRO, EVO, or ION tank bag secures in one click. In addition to different mounting options, tank bags also vary in size, shape, and equipment. It's all great! But what if I told you I was carrying the tank in a regular Halloween bag. Once there was a situation where I urgently needed to take the tank to a certain place, and the only thing I had on hand was a Halloween bag I ordered once at https://www.interplas.com/halloween-bags.

Edited by ApostolosGronquist

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, ApostolosGronquist said:

SW-MOTECH revolutionized the market for motorcycle luggage accessories with the world's first tank neck adapter with QUICK-LOCK quick-lock.

I don't know if they were the first but it is well designed and is much smaller diameter than the similar Givi system. 

If you have multiple tank bags (i.e., I have the smaller Engage and mid+ size City bags) and/or multiple bikes (each with their own tank ring), it's a very flexible and slick system that minimizes marring paint.

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

I don't know if they were the first but it is well designed and is much smaller diameter than the similar Givi system. 

If you have multiple tank bags (i.e., I have the smaller Engage and mid+ size City bags) and/or multiple bikes (each with their own tank ring), it's a very flexible and slick system that minimizes marring paint.

Oh yeah. It's a shame that SWMOTECH doesn't make the old Engage any longer. 😑

20221020_112955.jpg

20221020_113019.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

Looks like Givi has changed their styling a little but I have one similar to this (see link).  Has been nothing but perfect since install, as in no issues.  Comes with a rain cover.  Maybe once this year (big trip but just put things other places)  I wished it was a little bigger but overall prefer the smaller bag on the tank.  

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/givi-ea144-tanklock-5l-tank-bag?sku_id=10203271

• Thumbsup 2