Brake light modulator

Pupsi

I am considering installing a brake light modulator on my 900GT (2019), but am worried that it may interfere with some of the bike's normal functions. For example, activating the brake disengages the cruise control.

Any experiences from you guys would be appreciated.

No experience on the 900 GT but I have installed a Moto Dynamics brake light on my 2015 FJ-09.  Excellent upgrade and much brighter than stock (running and braking).  The only complication is it changed the turn signal bulbs from conventional to LEDs.  This required additional resistors be in the turn signal circuit.  The resistors came with the brake light assembly and were simple to include.  

Ride Safe - 

• Thumbsup 2

4 hours ago, Pupsi said:

I am considering installing a brake light modulator on my 900GT (2019), but am worried that it may interfere with some of the bike's normal functions. For example, activating the brake disengages the cruise control.

What do you mean by "brake light modulator"? Something that causes your brake light to flash multiple times before coming on solid when the brakes are applied?

Regards, Grumpy Goat | 2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT & 2016 BMW R1200RS

3 hours ago, YamaGeezer said:

No experience on the 900 GT but I have installed a Moto Dynamics brake light on my 2015 FJ-09.  Excellent upgrade and much brighter than stock (running and braking).  The only complication is it changed the turn signal bulbs from conventional to LEDs.  This required additional resistors be in the turn signal circuit.  The resistors came with the brake light assembly and were simple to include.  

Ride Safe - 

This is what I installed on my Tracer 900 GT (2020)....10 minute install and I still used the stock turn signals so it was literally plug and play.  I got it because it was brighter and modulates (flashes 3 times) every time you hit the brakes.

• Thumbsup 1

I installed the Custom LED Blaster X on my 2016 FJ and love it.  Totally plug n Play and works with stock turn signal bulbs (if you order an optional wiring piece).  Took 10 minutes to pop in and is very programmable and way brighter than stock tail light.

I assume Cruz would disengage at the initial illumination of the light (current flow) no matter what pattern is selected.  Check to be sure.

Edited by nhchris
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

I have the Vizi-tec SupaBrake modulator on my BMW and it works great. However its been years since I bought that and now its price (US$115+) is not competitive with what I am seeing on the market (US$50) which is why I did not install it on the Tracer GT. For $50 I would though.

I asked the question above regarding what the OP meant by a brake light modulator because as far as I was aware it does not affect the disengagement of the cruise control, so i wondered if the OP was speaking about some other modulator.

52 minutes ago, Heli ATP said:

The one from TST just plugs in. I had it on my FJ and now on the Niken...

Brake Light Modulator

I like this plug-and-play solution. I take it you are satisfied with it on your Niken?

I notice the Tracer 900 GT is not listed in their application chart but I assume the one for the Yamaha FZ-09 / MT-09 w/ Yamaha harness will work ...?

• Supporting Member
6 hours ago, Pupsi said:

I have the Blaster X brake light on my 2015 FJ with aftermarket cruise control, no issues with any functions on the bike. 👍

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, Grumpy Goat said:

I like this plug-and-play solution. I take it you are satisfied with it on your Niken?

I notice the Tracer 900 GT is not listed in their application chart but I assume the one for the Yamaha FZ-09 / MT-09 w/ Yamaha harness will work ...?

Very satisfied. I believe the MT-09 will work but email them to confirm and they will add it to the list, like they did the Niken for me.

4 hours ago, Grumpy Goat said:

What do you mean by "brake light modulator"? Something that causes your brake light to flash multiple times before coming on solid when the brakes are applied?

Yes. Exactly what you said

• Thumbsup 1