Help with trade-in asking price

Hi everyone! I am looking forward to trade in my Tracer 900. Could you help me come up with a good price that I could settle for? These are the details and the pictures. Thank you for your help!

Make: Yamaha
Model: Tracer 900
Year: 2019
Odometer: 7,100 miles

Extras and addons (seen in the picture): 
- Nose beak
- Puig touring windscreen
- Motopumps handlebar risers
- Givi engine guards
- Givi skid plate
- Givi monokey mounting plate
- Givi v47 top case
- Givi v37 hard side bags
- Givi PLX side bag mount

Extras and addons (not seen in the picture):

- Custom aftermarket exhaust (I don't have the stock one)
- Bagster memory foam seats for driver and passenger (I have the stock ones)
- Ram GPS / Phone 1" ball mounts (x2)
- Givi v47 back rest pad
- Givi hand guard extensions

IMG_0669 copy.jpg

Edited by ShedMoto
Edit Title

• ShedMoto changed the title to Help with trade-in asking price

In today's market at dealership trade in, I'd ask for 7k and be happy with what I'm getting screwed over on. Private sale I'd probably ask 9k and settle on 8k.

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member

Very nice set-up, try and sell the bike yourself, you will get a better deal with cash than with a trade. The dealer will give you nothing for your farkles. Remove all the add-ons you can and sell privately if you do trade.

Good Luck with the sale/purchase.

Cycle Trader

• Thumbsup 6

• Premium Member

For private sale, $0.50 on the $1 for the cost of useful accessories (like luggage not the beak and not install cost) and NADA guide value on the bile is how I've priced used motos in the past. 

Good luck on the sale. Sorry to see it go. 

The new and used bike market is absolutely crazy right now.  Just like homes, if your selling you've got it made, you can get crazy $$$$ money right now.  I've seen 2 year old bikes with prices higher than when brand new.

Are you trading for new or a used bike?

• Thumbsup 2

I'll second the mention of removing and selling the extras separately.

As far as trade value, you would best served to just figure out what you would settle on for the trade difference.  That's the only number you should be concerned with, "your out the door price"  They can play games with all the numbers they want to regarding fees etc. Just figure out what you're comfortable with as trade difference and go from there.

• Thumbsup 3

12 hours ago, kilo3 said:

In today's market at dealership trade in, I'd ask for 7k and be happy with what I'm getting screwed over on. Private sale I'd probably ask 9k and settle on 8k.

I was surprised to see the high NADA average retail (trade in) price on this bike.  For the New England region it is a lofty $11,500.

An added plus is your relatively low mileage.

Edited by nhchris
  • Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 1
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

• Supporting Member
43 minutes ago, Cogswell said:

I'll second the mention of removing and selling the extras separately.

As far as trade value, you would best served to just figure out what you would settle on for the trade difference.  That's the only number you should be concerned with, "your out the door price"  They can play games with all the numbers they want to regarding fees etc. Just figure out what you're comfortable with as trade difference and go from there.

I do the exact same thing with the sales person when they present me the sales quote sheet, I tell them I'm not interested in what all of the number values in the column are as long as the bottom figure is: $XX,XXX

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Run your bike VIN through this online purchaser and get a rough idea of the value.  I’ve never used them;  but, who knows?  Your bike looks great and is nicely accessorized.  I would think it to be worth $8000-9000 to an individual.

https://www.rumbleon.com/how-to/sell-your-motorcycle?campaignid=10749178968&adgroupid=130072312035&matchtype=b&network=g&device=c&creative=558412771107&keyword=motorcycle value calculator&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=general-motorcycle-search&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxazvhvDG9wIVvhXUAR3wtgWnEAAYASAAEgJqcfD_BwE

I sold a Mazda CX 5 to Carvana last November for way more than it was worth…..I know their business model is in trouble recently.  It was an online deal that went super smooth.

Edited by whisperquiet
  • Thumbsup 2

17 hours ago, whisperquiet said:

Run your bike VIN through this online purchaser and get a rough idea of the value.  I’ve never used them;  but, who knows?  Your bike looks great and is nicely accessorized.  I would think it to be worth $8000-9000 to an individual.

https://www.rumbleon.com/how-to/sell-your-motorcycle?campaignid=10749178968&adgroupid=130072312035&matchtype=b&network=g&device=c&creative=558412771107&keyword=motorcycle value calculator&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=general-motorcycle-search&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxazvhvDG9wIVvhXUAR3wtgWnEAAYASAAEgJqcfD_BwE

I sold a Mazda CX 5 to Carvana last November for way more than it was worth…..I know their business model is in trouble recently.  It was an online deal that went super smooth.

I got a quote from those guys when selling my Harley last year, it was absurdly low. I sold it to a Harley dealer for $4K more than the Rumble on offer.

It may not be the same for all manufacturers...

Edited by Cogswell
  • Thumbsup 1