T9 GT Front Fender removal

Hey all

Received my Pyramid Fender Extender today and want to install before my week long trip next week.

Want to remove the front fender, which on previous bikes was fairly straight forward. Remove the bolts and pop out the clips that hold the brake hoses etc.

I'm assuming that it's a similar deal with this bike, but as I was looking at the brake hose clips more closely, they almost look like they can be undone (eg. undo the clip and remove the hose from  the fender) while leaving the actual clip part in the fender. That just seems to make too much sense - so I doubt its a "thing".

I've attached a few pics to show what I am referring to.

Can anyone who has removed the fender confirm whether you had to reach behind the fender with a pliers and do the "squeeze" thing and pull the whole clip out of the fender or not?

Thanks in advance!

Rob

IMG_4064.jpeg

IMG_4065.jpeg

IMG_4066.jpeg

When I did my Extenda I opted to unclip the clamps and pull the hoses off. Since the hoses hug the fender so close it’s tough to get underneath the fender to release the clamp unless the front wheel is off. 
Once finished the center clamp no longer locks well into the fender, the clamps are “new design”, seem disposable to me (15-yr Yamaha Tech decades ago). 

For many of my recent bikes I’ve successfully installed the front Extendas using only black ABS pipe cement & spring clamps till dry, don’t care for drilling holes & using the included push rivets. 
Front Extenda is solid as in the past however the rear failed to adhere since it is a different material. Had to drill & pin it, with the double sided mounting pads. 
Good luck!

20 minutes ago, Cogswell said:

Undo the clip and don't loose the split rubber spacer grommet.

@Cogswell

When you say undo the clip - do you mean the clip that I have circled in the picture below?

Does this release the hose and leave the whole clip attached to the fender without the hose?

InkedIMG_4065.jpg

Edited by rlambke19

• Supporting Member

If I remember correctly,I squeezed the clip together from behind the fender,and removed the whole clip and hoses. I'm sure there was room to get my fingers in behind the side of the fender. Never seperated the clip and removed pipes. As far as I remember. ?? 🤔🤔

2019 900 GT, 1969 Honda S90

• Supporting Member

Yes, you can unclip as per the red circle.  Once the hoses are out etc, if you're taking the tire off, the clips can be removed from the fender by squeezing the tabs together on the tire side of the fender.

• Thumbsup 1

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

50 minutes ago, knyte said:

Yes, you can unclip as per the red circle.  Once the hoses are out etc, if you're taking the tire off, the clips can be removed from the fender by squeezing the tabs together on the tire side of the fender.

Thank you @knyte!

That's what I suspected. As I am not removing the wheel I was hoping this would work.

Cheers!

Drilling sucks, but it doesn't have to be ugly. No one can tell that it's not stock. :) 

image.jpeg.4a9cf0fc205515738419401c7630314b.jpeg

As far as clips, the side one will need to come out completely, if you don't want to get too creative with "wiggling" the fender out from between the forks. You should be able to squeeze the back of it enough with your fingers to push it through.

Also, a set of trigger and spring clamps helped the whole process tremendously. I had to buy a new set, but it was worth it.

• Thumbsup 1

5 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Now that I try to think about it I think I used the double sided tape to hold it in place and then drill, it piece of cake without removing the fender

Instructions unclear, earth drill auger stuck in front tire and rim.

• Haha 5