Do Corbin seats EVER get comfortable?

betoney

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, betoney said:

I emailed Corbin's customer support about shipping it back and getting different foam and they never responded to me....

I have had slow responses from email also, but when they do respond service was excellent. Try phoning them. With winter coming it might be worth sending it back and see if the softer foam would fix your problem Enquiring minds are interested for possible future orders.

Here is Corbins number.  800-538-7035 

• Thanks 1

• Supporting Member
33 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Brian what are you gonna do with the carbon saddle?

I'm not sure yet, I might try and contact Corbin again or try and sell it on the Crosstourer (VFR1200X) forum.  Though it wasn't a huge seller here in the states, only available in '16 and '17, it was fairly popular in Europe.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• 2 months later...

I have a 2017 FJ-09 and I switched to a Sargent very soon after purchase for obvious reasons. It's much better, but not as nice (for me) as the Seat Concepts I have on my 2019 Super Tenere.  Seat Concepts doesn't make seats for the FJ-09 any longer, so I'm looking for a Corbin.  New price is a bit much, but maybe someone here has one to trade or sell?  My Sargent two-piece is black with blue piping (it's the Super Tenere blue but it looks good on my FJ-09, as well.) 

2017 FJ-09 Sargent Seat.jpg

• 1 month later...

A local seat builder once said to me when I was looking for a more comfortable seat for my Kawasaki Ninja 500. He said-If you lack the natural padding in your own seat. I can not build you a seat to make up for it.

That said I bought my FZ1 with a Corbin and it was fantastic. Firm  yes. Wide and holds your butt in place . Anyone who rode my bike said that the seat was great. I found it to be comfortable enough to put 500 miles in day and never get sore. My knees complained before my butt ever did. 

• Premium Member

I have no butt and my sargents works 90% for me

As I've said corbins are heavy and don't really work unless they go with the softer foam and they're f****** expensive

My butt knees hips neck back shoulders wrists hands keep up a very nasty conversation with me about what a d***head I am, constantly complain and question why continue riding.

• Premium Member

I have had two Corbin seats on two different bikes. The break in period does take a while, and I highly recommend the Corbin Seat Conditioner to help speed up the break in process and make the seat more pliable. 

With my first bike, I just rode on the seat and it took a while before it was comfortable. The second, I used their Conditioner and it shortened the time to achieve real comfort. I would apply the conditioner once a week. (if you are a daily rider)

As with everything, your mileage will vary. But I have found the Corbin seat to be very comfortable and I have been sitting on one for over 5 years. Corbin has been around for 50+ years, and their customer reviews are pretty positive.  

And no, I don't have any connection or relationship with Corbin or their staff, I'm just a happy customer.....

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
On 2/20/2023 at 7:36 AM, KrustyKush said:

Riding a bike is hard. Riding requires a toughness in the rider unheard of in the cage-driving majority.

it gets worse as the years pile up. 

Its not a matter of "toughness" as I have no problem with back-to-back 500+ mile days on my FJ with the custom built seat.

I ended up "fixing" the Corbin for $30 by using a Badass Moto 3D Mesh Seat Pad  🤷‍♂️

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***