Yoshimura full system for '19-'20 Tracer 900 GT

Warchild

• Supporting Member

8 hours ago, miweber929 said:

I'm a huge Akra fanboy because I feel like they are one of the few manufacturers that actually deliver on their price points, but Yosh has always been a close second in my experience. I see the Akra that maintains the center stand is closer to $1,200, though, and why I decided I wasn't going to do a pipe on this bike.

That was until I saw the Yosh.....

Mine shipped out to me today, should see it by next week 

The Akra system cost me £1500, the cheapest supplier was direct from Akra. Wasn't very happy with price, but the quality is excellent and fitting is a doddle. 👍

• Thumbsup 1

2019 900 GT, 1969 Honda S90

• Supporting Member

8 hours ago, miweber929 said:

I'm a huge Akra fanboy because I feel like they are one of the few manufacturers that actually deliver on their price points, but Yosh has always been a close second in my experience. I see the Akra that maintains the center stand is closer to $1,200, though, and why I decided I wasn't going to do a pipe on this bike.

That was until I saw the Yosh.....

Mine shipped out to me today, should see it by next week 

The Akra system cost me £1500, the cheapest supplier was direct from Akra. Wasn't very happy with price, but the quality is excellent and fitting is a doddle. 👍

20220731_141037.jpg

• Thumbsup 4

2019 900 GT, 1969 Honda S90

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2022 at 11:56 AM, johnmark101 said:

Akrapovic also makes a full system that works with the center stand and is tucked neatly under the bike just like the stock exhaust........just in case all the Yosh units sell out.

I used the Akro route fit with centre stand then decided to take it off. I use a paddock st in the garage. I wanted something under the bike 

• 2 months later...

Well, I've had the damn 3-1 Yosh system NIB since early Dec, but the Long-Distance Endurance MT10 project build has consumed all my time. Since I just installed a Yosh 3/4 Alpha T on that bike, I am now on a Yosh roll... so this begins now:

image.thumb.jpeg.6d437171415e4c84818e9c2af0031aff.jpeg

By the time I was done peeling off that stupid foam packing, I was ready to use that Exhaust Alignment tool on myself!  😖

More to come - this shouldn't be too bad an install. Maybe. It could happen.  🙄

• Thumbsup 2

Delay, delay, delay... but all installed now! 👍

It was a little fiddley, but it eventually got completed. When new, the Works Performance coating is a very nice matte satin, but after multiple heat cycles, is supposed to turn to a bronze-gold color.

SatinNewPipes.thumb.jpg.4cc0ee700859985344060930588897b8.jpg

Getting rid of the weight of this pig-heavy eye-sore factory cat alone justifies installing this system:

OWTO1.thumb.jpg.a087f6914f67e54397b638cc5211e851.jpg

After 100 miles, the bronze-gold coloring looks awesome in real life: 

BronzeDowntubes.thumb.jpg.d374eded67616033b8b1587353302811.jpg

• Thumbsup 6

• 1 month later...

Being a cheap ass I couldn't justify the Akra or Yoshi systems, so I went Delkevic. About half the price. CF can with full system under $500.00 out the door, you lighten the load as yes the stock is a beast and gets exceptional hot AND you retain the center stand.  Do not buy the 9" can unless you want to go deaf!  Don't ask how I know! 

https://delkevic.com/full-system-to-fit-fj-09-2015-2017-tracer-900-2019-2020-with-stubby-14-carbon-fiber-oval-muffler-and-stainless-steel-downpipes/

Edited by 2linby
new info

Everything is simple, Nothing is easy

4 hours ago, 2linby said:

Being a cheap ass I couldn't justify the Akra or Yoshi systems, so I went Delkevic. About half the price. CF can with full system under $500.00 out the door, you lighten the load as yes the stock is a beast and gets exceptional hot AND you retain the center stand.  Do not buy the 9" can unless you want to go deaf!  Don't ask how I know! 

https://delkevic.com/full-system-to-fit-fj-09-2015-2017-tracer-900-2019-2020-with-stubby-14-carbon-fiber-oval-muffler-and-stainless-steel-downpipes/

Being even a bigger cheaparse I went the gutting the original route. 
I do like the look of the Akra a lot. Not a fan of the Delkevic even though I admit their value for money. 
I don’t actually mind the look of the original, and now it sounds great. All up cost of AU$70 including new crush gaskets. 

• Thumbsup 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, OZVFR said:

I do like the look of the Akra a lot. Not a fan of the Delkevic even though I admit their value for money. 
I don’t actually mind the look of the original, and now it sounds great. All up cost of AU$70 including new crush gaskets. 

Which method did you use.

I have a spare like new I'm going to cut into and am debating which tack

11 hours ago, OZVFR said:

Love my Delkevic carbon fiber 14 inch full exhaust, it both looks and sounds amazing, I never liked the huge/heavy/hot/quiet underbelly exhaust of the OEM. There is a local dyno, would really like to see what my specs are now, it for sure revs more freely and IMHO hits harder/faster when you get on it. I love Yoshi exhausts but damn they are expensive, sure do look amazing though. 

Nice, love the Akro and Yoshi exhaust looks and sounds! 

Side question on the exhaust upgrades-- do folks just dump the OEM (responsibly of course), sell it for dirt cheap or give it away for free, or keep it if/when selling the bike?

• Premium Member

Thanks Oz but do you have more pics of the large hole to the upper left you cut in the partition between the rear chamber and middle chamber; and did you drill that small (size?) In the upper right?

Also any dimensions and pointers would be much appreciated.

It is stainless steel correct?

I was planning on using my Mig welder with Argon and a touch of Co2 but need to know what wire to use.  It appears you used stick (with what rod?).

You did a great job.

How's it sound?