Santa came early this year! Were you all naughty or nice?

maximNikenGT

• Premium Member

I do have one buddy who has a cardo too but he drives me nuts fiddling with that and the routes he does on it

Nothing like road music!

But I gotta come up with a new playlist even Led Zeppelin, Hendrix, Clapton and the Stones get old after a while

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

I gotta come up with a new playlist even Led Zeppelin, Hendrix, Clapton and the Stones get old after a while

Blasphemy!!  😳

• Haha 3

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member

ELO, ZIGGY, JEFF STARSHIP, MOODY Bs, JOHN MCGLOCK & MO, CALRLOS S, ALAN PP, D'CARS, DP, LESLIE W, ZZT, GFR, JEFF B, EURITHMICS, FM, MTH, DOORS, BTO, CSN&Y, ALICE C, and so many more I of course can't remember now...

On my Packtak with Uclear Pulse 40 mm speakers even with earplugs in my Kabuto Ibuki I have to keep the volume down under 75 mph, above that and I'm not really listening anyway.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
14 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

ELO, ZIGGY, JEFF STARSHIP, MOODY Bs, JOHN MCGLOCK & MO, CALRLOS S, ALAN PP, D'CARS, DP, LESLIE W, ZZT, GFR, JEFF B, EURITHMICS, FM, MTH, DOORS, BTO, CSN&Y, ALICE C, and so many more I of course can't remember now...

On my Packtak with Uclear Pulse 40 mm speakers even with earplugs in my Kabuto Ibuki I have to keep the volume down under 75 mph, above that and I'm not really listening anyway.

Ur soooo old. 😁

In a meeting with two of my coworkers yesterday and one made a comment to the other, yeah, some of us weren't even alive in the '80s.  🤐 

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 1

• Supporting Member
30 minutes ago, 1moreroad said:

Ur soooo old. 😁

In a meeting with two of my coworkers yesterday and one made a comment to the other, yeah, some of us weren't even alive in the '80s.  🤐 

What killed me is when Sirius XM radio created an Oldies channel to all my music that I grew up to. 

I thought it was bad enough that folks didn't know what 5 1/4 inch floppy was anymore...

• Thumbsup 1

2019 Niken GT
"Motorcycles - the brand is not important, the fact that you ride is."

• Supporting Member
On 12/13/2022 at 10:06 AM, knyte said:

Looks like great gear!  Someone's sure looking forward to spring!!

If I might ask, why the concern with Bluetooth standards - are you looking for specific features?  My old(er) Bluetooth crap all still interconnects as desired - it's not like it just stops working.

As for who's been naughty or nice - I've been naughty this year, but got an Atlas for myself, my g/f, and my dad for our spring ride:

image.thumb.png.e4ba15d57696a9dfb567a71f3823f5f8.png

Any particular reason you preferred the Atlas vs the Kaoko throttle lock?

• Thumbsup 1

2019 Niken GT
"Motorcycles - the brand is not important, the fact that you ride is."

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, 1moreroad said:

Ur soooo old. 😁

In a meeting with two of my coworkers yesterday and one made a comment to the other, yeah, some of us weren't even alive in the '80s.

Try 50s & 60s

Floppy

Basic & Fortran then 

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, maximNikenGT said:

Any particular reason you preferred the Atlas

Easy installation, universal fit, ease of use -  and they were on sale locally with $0 shipping.  Mostly that.  Nothing wrong with the Kaoko, but Atlas is just more 'my thing' overall.

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

• Premium Member

But they don't work with the heated grips oem anyway

None that I found Except for Universal NEP Vista Cruise with the transfer bar over the start / stop / mode switch pod Which is a pain i* t** a** because it's so hard to adjust n complicated

https://www.soundoffrec.com/products/cruise.aspx

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

But they don't work with the heated grips oem anyway

They can?...if you get the over or under, whichever avoids the wire, as I understand it.  I don't pretend to know how well they fit for every application, just my own.

Heated grips aren't important to me, anyway.  I might try the Heat Demon idea, but again... Not important if it doesn't work out.  I've got perfectly good heated gloves that I've never used... haven't needed them.  I can ride in temps around 5 deg C in the rain and at altitude for several hours and it doesn't bother me.  There's a way of handling the cold such that you just burn more calories to maintain your body temp rather than needing heated, or warmer, anything.  The only thing that bugs me is a foggy visor!

I sure wouldn't expect or even hope what works for me would work for anyone else.  That's the fun with having options... We're free to set it up to personal taste, rather than according to the masses and what might be popular.

• Thumbsup 1

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

On 12/15/2022 at 11:28 AM, 2and3cylinders said:

What is your preferred flip front lid

I am a big fan of the Scorpion AT950, love the enduro helmet design with the large visor and extra face room. Mine has seen more than a few adventures and due to be replaced, also the customer service is stellar with them. My example is after owning for 5 years one of my bolts stripped out for my visor system, I emailed them and they sent me a FREE full replacement visor screw sets/base and paid for the shipping too. :) 

• Thumbsup 1

17 minutes ago, knyte said:

They can?...if you get the over or under, whichever avoids the wire, as I understand it.  I don't pretend to know how well they fit for every application, just my own.

Heated grips aren't important to me, anyway.  I might try the Heat Demon idea, but again... Not important if it doesn't work out.  I've got perfectly good heated gloves that I've never used... haven't needed them.  I can ride in temps around 5 deg C in the rain and at altitude for several hours and it doesn't bother me.  There's a way of handling the cold such that you just burn more calories to maintain your body temp rather than needing heated, or warmer, anything.  The only thing that bugs me is a foggy visor!

I sure wouldn't expect or even hope what works for me would work for anyone else.  That's the fun with having options... We're free to set it up to personal taste, rather than according to the masses and what might be popular.

I LOVE heated grips and along with real cruise control, simply cannot do without now. Layering is for sure the key, smart layering that is. MY Scorpion AT950 has very good fog/condensation control, I'm not a fan of the optical clarity of pinlocks, but I'll be damned if they don't work as advertised.

• Thumbsup 3

• Supporting Member
On 12/16/2022 at 4:09 AM, 2and3cylinders said:

Nothing like road music!

But I gotta come up with a new playlist even Led Zeppelin, Hendrix, Clapton and the Stones get old after a while

I agree with betoney's earlier comment!!.....

tim tebow gay GIF

• Haha 1