Gas Light Annoyance

• Premium Member

Well maybe better than 200 but Why risk it or carry extra gas which on a tour is the intelligent thing to do

Otherwise have fun and don't worry about gas mileage but keep track of it along with what you put in

Someone I know too well sometimes uses a lower grade of Ethyl when he knows it'll be cooler and lower revs on that tank to save a few shekels...

Wink wink nudge nudge

23 hours ago, betoney said:

I noticed the exact same thing while on a road trip last week.  I got great mileage when riding up to 65mph but the fuel economy dropped quickly at 70mph and above.

That's true of pretty much everything, though. At 70mph, the "curve" for aerodynamic pressure and resistance starts to drastically go up (aerodynamic resistance is not a straight line). It takes the bike a town more power to go from 70 to 75 than it does from 65 to 70, and every mile an hour above 70 takes much more power than the previous mile an hour.

• Thumbsup 2

• Premium Member

And you really notice that when you change from a barn door screen with a spoiler on top to even the stock size screen. Let alone a bikini

now the stock size screen but not stock screen with its spoiler actually may offset my mass...

20230518_012421.jpg

20230519_194159.jpg

20230419_151715.jpg

I won't own a motorcycle and give a thought to gas mileage, that's not why I ride motorcycles.......and yeah I have a heavy right wrist. I average in the mid 40's for mileage regardless of how I ride, not many cars that can do that which are fun to drive. :) I start looking for gas around 170 miles and usually have about a gallon left, have yet to come even close to running out

• Thumbsup 1

• 2 weeks later...

I ignore the fuel gauge altogether as - and I think we’re all agreed on this - it’s crap. Ride365 summed it up; start looking for fuel around 170 miles and you’ll be fine.