• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 50 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

How does it sound

Hello all.  I’m thinking of picking up this ‘15 with 33k on it.  No maintenance records and it’s 6 hours away from me so I won’t be able to go look at it in person.  I notice a kind of whiney sound and am wondering if that is normal for these motors.  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

IMG_4348.jpeg

• Supporting Member

It seems to have

Michelin Pilot 5 tires
Paddock stand bobbins
Full Graves exhaust
Tank grips
Grip puppies
Sliders
Engine guards
FJR1300 foot pegs
Tail tidy
LED signals
V-stream touring windscreen

...and he's done something with the brake line banjo bolts, but they don't seem to be braided lines ?

Anyways, I think the slight whine you're hearing is a result of the exhaust.  Sounds OK to me

• Thumbsup 1

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

27 minutes ago, knyte said:

It seems to have

Michelin Pilot 5 tires
Paddock stand bobbins
Full Graves exhaust
Tank grips

Grip puppies

Sliders
Engine guards
FJR1300 foot pegs
Tail tidy
LED signals
V-stream touring windscreen

...and he's done something with the brake line banjo bolts, but they don't seem to be braided lines ?

Anyways, I think the slight whine you're hearing is a result of the exhaust.  Sounds OK to me

Damn, good eye.  Hoping nothing is wrong with the price seems low.  3.5k

• Premium Member

How much? Oh U just said 3.5

Sounds OK to me.

Some tasteful not overdone mods.

The exhaust alone is worth over a grand.

Is the stock shock spring also red, I can't remember as the K-Tech is red too?

Is it as-is no warranty but with the helmet?  LOL

11 hours ago, dazzler24 said:

FWIW - that sounds just like my 2015 at idle. i.e. perfectly normal - at least in that recording of the sound.

Found out the title has a lien on it.  Sounds like a nightmare to deal with remotely 🧐

• Thumbsup 1
  • Sad 1

• Supporting Member
10 hours ago, Bryklo said:

Found out the title has a lien on it.  Sounds like a nightmare to deal with remotely 🧐

Hmmm,  might be the reason it's been advertised so cheap eh?

22 hours ago, Bryklo said:

He may just want the pay off? But yeah I must admit, I am overall very untrusting of people these days. 

• Thumbsup 1

I found the first Tracer I made a deal on had an outstanding lien when I was standing in the owner's driveway to pick it up.  Told me they couldn't clear the lien until they had my money.  I walked away.  The girl at the bank was surprised when I came back with the bank draft and had her cancel it.

• Thumbsup 2

There is never enough time or money to do it right the first time.

If it is a local bank, you can go to the bank with the seller, give the bank the money, and they will release the lean through the DMV. Make sure they put you as the owner of the title. I had an issue with my car when the bank for some reason put the PO on the title, even though it had my address on it. I had to have the PO sign the new title over to me. A little bit of a pain, but the PO was a good guy. 

• Thumbsup 1