Anyone fitted any alternative hand guards

• 5 months later...
I put the KTM hand guards on my 2015 FJ-09 along with some bar end weights off of a ZG1000 Kawasaki Concours. The hand guards are a lot more effective than the original units at blocking the wind, plus they look like they belong. Easy install, too.

• Premium Member
I put the KTM hand guards on my 2015 FJ-09 along with some bar end weights off of a ZG1000 Kawasaki Concours. The hand guards are a lot more effective than the original units at blocking the wind, plus they look like they belong. Easy install, too.
Do the bar ends need any mods to install? I have the OEM heated grips. I've noticed a lot more bar buzz since I installed the KTM handguards.  

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 11:30 AM, bikebone said:

I looking for the KTM hand guards and it seems they're no longer available?  Any active link to them?

15J09-05FJR1300-07DL1000-16GSX1000S

23 minutes ago, smoothbored said:

I looking for the KTM hand guards and it seems they're no longer available?  Any active link to them?

I purchased these last fall, and they are still available: 

WWW.AMAZON.COM

Buy NEW KTM HANDGUARDS 2015 690 1190 1290 SUPER ADVENTURE ABS ENDURO 6030217910030: Handguards - Amazon.com ✓ FREE DELIVERY possible on eligible purchases

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, kmev said:

I purchased these last fall, and they are still available: 

WWW.AMAZON.COM

Buy NEW KTM HANDGUARDS 2015 690 1190 1290 SUPER ADVENTURE ABS ENDURO 6030217910030: Handguards - Amazon.com ✓ FREE DELIVERY possible on eligible purchases

Order placed. Barkbusters is apparently out of the FJ-09 variant, so I needed an alternative. Does anyone have a link to bar end weights that work with both the bike and handguard? The most promising links early in the thread are old and no longer link to anything. Thanks for the help!

On 1/29/2018 at 11:30 AM, bikebone said:

I used KTM handguards, but used a set of Yamaha bar ends from either a FJ1200 or a FZ1.  I can't remember which bike they came from, but Yamaha used the same bar ends since the mid-80's.

• 1 month later...

I do not know what is wrong with my KTM handguards and/or my bike. I tried to fit the thing but the mount seems too small for the bike.

The part number is 603 02 180 110

54 minutes ago, tidji said:

I do not know what is wrong with my KTM handguards and/or my bike. I tried to fit the thing but the mount seems too small for the bike.

The part number is 603 02 180 110

We're going to need more info/pics. When I run your part number it comes back as a windshield washer fluid reservoir. Your part number is definitely different from the ones I ordered and installed (and linked to, above). 

Ok, I am finally able to resize/upload the photos.

Plus, when I google the KTM parts it shows: https://m.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/ktm-handschuetzer-art-603-02-180-110/1060829486-306-2901

Though, I ordered: 603.02.179.100.30 - 

WWW.AMAZON.COM

Buy NEW KTM HANDGUARDS 2015 690 1190 1290 SUPER ADVENTURE ABS ENDURO 6030217910030: Handguards - Amazon.com ✓ FREE DELIVERY possible on eligible...

Amazon seller sent wrong item.

Handguard3.jpg

Handguard1.jpg

Handguard2.jpg

Edited by tidji

Hold up....I just checked the part number on the guards that are currently installed on my bike, and it is the same as what you showed (despite being different from the Amazon listing I bought them from). So they should work just fine. If that gap is your concern, push the mount onto the bar - those guards are flexible. 

• Thumbsup 1