Jump to content
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online

Rear top bag


Recommended Posts

What are your suggestions for a soft tail bag? I want to be able to store my large full faced helmet (Shoei GT Air) in it. How many liters would you recommend for that? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Cant say enough about how good this bag is, I have the sport model but unsure as to if the touring model can fit a helmet? You cannot lock it up and anyone could easily take off the bike, sure you want to have a helmet in there? Although I cannot imagine anyone stealing a helmet, but I do know it happens. Hard to beat a proper trunk case that locks on bike and the lid locks, I didn't think I wanted one on this bike......but so glad I did, I keep it on all the time and use the hell out of it. My Nelsonrigg tail bag just stays on the shelf in the garage now, think am gonna give it to my buddy who just bought a new Busa.

 

https://www.nelsonrigg.com/motorcycle-luggage/sport-touring/commuter-tail-bag-detail

Edited by Ride365
  • Thumbsup 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have the Yamaha seat bag and it expands to 36 litres. I have a Shoei GT Air helmet and it fits inside but fills the bag. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Supporting Member
2 hours ago, Ride365 said:

I cannot imagine anyone stealing a helmet, but I do know it happens.

Unless I am on a road trip, I never have bags installed on the bikes and if the bags are on the bike they are full of clothes or trip related items. 

I may be the minority here but I don't know anyone or have ridden with anyone on group rides that store a helmet in a side bags or top case, the helmet always goes on the mirror if we stop for lunch or bathroom break. 

  • Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My bag will be full of clothes on a trip, I installed a helmet lock on the clutch side on the rail under the pilion seat.

  • Thumbsup 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, betoney said:

Unless I am on a road trip, I never have bags installed on the bikes and if the bags are on the bike they are full of clothes or trip related items. 

I may be the minority here but I don't know anyone or have ridden with anyone on group rides that store a helmet in a side bags or top case, the helmet always goes on the mirror if we stop for lunch or bathroom break. 

Yup helmet goes with me most the time, or hang on my mirror like you mentioned "situation dependent".

  • Thumbsup 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2024 at 6:25 AM, Ride365 said:

Cant say enough about how good this bag is, I have the sport model but unsure as to if the touring model can fit a helmet? You cannot lock it up and anyone could easily take off the bike, sure you want to have a helmet in there? Although I cannot imagine anyone stealing a helmet, but I do know it happens. Hard to beat a proper trunk case that locks on bike and the lid locks, I didn't think I wanted one on this bike......but so glad I did, I keep it on all the time and use the hell out of it. My Nelsonrigg tail bag just stays on the shelf in the garage now, think am gonna give it to my buddy who just bought a new Busa.

 

https://www.nelsonrigg.com/motorcycle-luggage/sport-touring/commuter-tail-bag-detail

I ordered the larger Nelson Rigg touring version of this bag from Amazon monday. During their 'prime days' event I got it for $96. It should be here Thursday. 

Edited by Chowda
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/8/2024 at 6:25 AM, Ride365 said:

Cant say enough about how good this bag is, I have the sport model but unsure as to if the touring model can fit a helmet? You cannot lock it up and anyone could easily take off the bike, sure you want to have a helmet in there? Although I cannot imagine anyone stealing a helmet, but I do know it happens. Hard to beat a proper trunk case that locks on bike and the lid locks, I didn't think I wanted one on this bike......but so glad I did, I keep it on all the time and use the hell out of it. My Nelsonrigg tail bag just stays on the shelf in the garage now, think am gonna give it to my buddy who just bought a new Busa.

 

https://www.nelsonrigg.com/motorcycle-luggage/sport-touring/commuter-tail-bag-detail

I ordered the large NR Commuter Touring bag from Amazon. Got it on Thursday and it looks great IMO. I put my Large Shoei Air GT in it without any issues. 

Edited by Chowda
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×