What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

While I've been breaking it in (finally done!) I have also been farkling a bit.  I posted my home made sliders before, but the Vista Cruise mounting, kick stand foot (also home made) and FJR bag install photos are new.  the FJR bags were from two different bikes, bought used and damaged and I had them repainted to that beautiful FJ-09 red.
Slider%20right_zps8pjafuid.jpg
Vista Cruise and Givi tank lock ring in background
IMG_0492_zpsbzskdbvx.jpg
IMG_0496_zpselnkhmfl.jpg
Whelen LIN3 flasher.
IMG_0494_zpsipfjwzyk.jpg
FJR bags mounted
IMG_0497_zpsrk2vumkg.jpg
IMG_0498_zpsmf3jm1vr.jpg

Working on front fork brackets to mount some additional lighting. Of course, I'll post photos if I like the results.

• Premium Member
Where is that?
Southern California by Ojai. Off of Lockwood Valley Rd. Driven that area many times, but never stopped there.  
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
It is a funky family friendly biker bar and grill. Ceiling lined with dollar bills with patrons names. A good 120 mile round trip from Ventura , Ca. Very few cops on road unless some died on road recently.

• Premium Member
Put on my 4th set of tires.
Wish I had the time to be putting on my first set of new tires. Have you stuck with the Roadsmarts II's or moved to something else? Cheers

2015 FJ-09
2006 Triumph Daytona 675

Went back to the Roadsmart IIs. I put on my favorite tires on the FJR, Pilot Roads. PR-4 front and PR-3 rear. After 8000 miles I put on Roadsmarts again as I feel they are more lively and turn in better than the Pilot Roads.

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

• Premium Member
Went back to the Roadsmart IIs. I put on my favorite tires on the FJR, Pilot Roads. PR-4 front and PR-3 rear. After 8000 miles I put on Roadsmarts again as I feel they are more lively and turn in better than the Pilot Roads.
How are the Roadsmart IIs wearing compared to the Michelins? 
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
So I finally finished my luggage racks, got the phone mount on, dialed in the touring screen and am now ready to go. Just got to wait for my vacation to come.
Sorry for the poor photo quality - dropped the camera while backpacking 2 weeks ago and it just isn't focusing perfectly.

Racks - square aluminum tubing, with plastic end caps http://s296.photobucket.com/user/daleh627/media/Luggage%20racks%20-%20finished_zpsqjpzwlqq.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1
Luggage on - Nelson-Rigg CL-855's were bigger than I expected, but will work great for fall trips: http://s296.photobucket.com/user/daleh627/media/Saddlebags%20amp%20Tailpack_zps7syxma06.jpg.html?sort=3&o=3
My baby all dressed up with nowhere to go (yet!): http://s296.photobucket.com/user/daleh627/media/Ready%20for%20touring_zps1vyoalyc.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2

Cheers
2015 FJ-09
2006 Triumph Daytona 675

• Premium Member
Thanks, that is really good info. I am considering the Angel GT's too.Cheers 
2015 FJ-09
2006 Triumph Daytona 675

I installed my Evotech Performance radiator guard today, it's a really nice piece.

PV9NIR.jpg
Ya2aq5.jpg

I like that it's one piece and covers the entire radiator not just the fins, plus it looks more OEM and just has a subtle embossing of their logo in the middle.

Installation was kind of a pita though, it mounts to the sides of the radiator so the plastics need to come off. That was fairly quick but I had to remove the bolts from the front of the engine bars and swing them down to get to one of the Allen bolts. I was holding off but took a rock to the radiator :( and so I ordered it off their eBay page. It was a little more expensive then other models but I think it was worth it.