What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Premium Member
1. New Dunlop Road Smart II tyre on the rear - I got 6,000 miles out of the D222. It was on the wear bars though.
2. 6,000 miles service. £217.
3. Heated grips installed.

Tomorrow I will install a new nozzle on the chain for the Tutoro auto oiler. The original one is worn - I guess over approximately 5,500 miles occasional contact with the sprocket has taken its toll. After that I'll scrub the new rear tyre and put the bike away as I'm off on a two-week vacation with my children. Wish I could have taken the bike as there are some spectacular cols in the area... Opportunity for Easyjet - free bike carriage? Not likely :)

I got my FJR bags and mounts in today. They look awesome! I'll take some pics tomorrow if I get a chance.

Btw I measured the width of the bags at the widest point (the reflector) it's the same width as the handlebars with the stock handguards.

Installed SW-MOTECH crash bars today, Corbin seat should be delivered on Friday. Local shop has some nice driving lights I'm going to check out on Saturday. Ordered factory heated grips with the bike but they were on back order when I took delivery. Dealer will install them if I can ever give up the bike that long (paid for that when I bought the bike) Plus here in NC the summer is still holding on strong with temps in the 90s. Had factory side bags on it when I bought it and put the Givi monokey G46 from my 2005 FZ06 on it about a month after I had FJ (had to wait on the bracket) Might put highway pegs and A/M windscreen on it. This bike is soooooo much fun to ride. Looking forward to September when I take it to the NC mountains.

• Premium Member
Installed SW-MOTECH crash bars today, Corbin seat should be delivered on Friday. Local shop has some nice driving lights I'm going to check out on Saturday. Ordered factory heated grips with the bike but they were on back order when I took delivery. Dealer will install them if I can ever give up the bike that long (paid for that when I bought the bike) Plus here in NC the summer is still holding on strong with temps in the 90s. Had factory side bags on it when I bought it and put the Givi monokey G46 from my 2005 FZ06 on it about a month after I had FJ (had to wait on the bracket) Might put highway pegs and A/M windscreen on it. This bike is soooooo much fun to ride. Looking forward to September when I take it to the NC mountains.
You might check these out on Amazon. Got them on mine, paired up with PIAA mounts  and the SW-Motech crash bars. Mini Trail Lights OZ-USA LED CREE Spot Motorcycle Offroad Dual Sport Enduro Fog  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HA14OK4/ref=pe_344980_141198220_em_1p_0_ti , http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Dautomotive&field-keywords=PIAA+light+mounts. Couldn't be happier, and the lights are real flamethrowers. 

• Premium Member
Today, I fitted KTM handguards and went for a ride - they work well, review to follow

2015-08-22%2018.51.43.jpg
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Went to the dealer today to grab an oil filter and to inquire about the availability of heated grips. To my surprise, he had one set in stock! Otherwise, he said it was a 2 month backorder.... Guess i'll be ready for fall/winter in plenty of time.  :D

grips.jpg

gripsb.jpg

Tygrips2.jpg

'05 Bandit 1200s ( Blue and White ) Bandit pic

2015 FJ-09 ( RED ) FJ-09 pic

• Premium Member
Went to the dealer today to grab an oil filter and to inquire about the availability of heated grips. To my surprise, he had one set in stock! Otherwise, he said it was a 2 month backorder.... Guess i'll be ready for fall/winter in plenty of time.  :D 
grips.jpg

gripsb.jpg

Tygrips2.jpg

Good deal Ty. I happen to know were you can find an excellent writeup on how to install those. 2bitchslap_zpst7e3ufi6.gif The gopro video I shot today came out good (shorter Ram mount extension was the ticket). Uploading now.

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
Went to the dealer today to grab an oil filter and to inquire about the availability of heated grips. To my surprise, he had one set in stock! Otherwise, he said it was a 2 month backorder....

At *least* 2 months. I'm more than three and a half months into my wait for the things to show up. It was a joke that I might not have them by fall when the first two backorder dates passed without any grips. Now it's not a joke anymore, it's ridiculous.

I don't know how much longer I'm willing to wait before I order a non-Yamaha set (which would be about 70% less expensive!). I would really like them now, please.

2015 FJ-09 (Mary Kate)
2007 Daytona 675 (Tabitha, ret.)
1998 Vulcan 800 (Ret.)
2001 SV650S (Veronica, Ret.)
2000 Intruder 800 (Ret.)

• Premium Member
Went to the dealer today to grab an oil filter and to inquire about the availability of heated grips. To my surprise, he had one set in stock! Otherwise, he said it was a 2 month backorder....
At *least* 2 months. I'm more than three and a half months into my wait for the things to show up. It was a joke that I might not have them by fall when the first two backorder dates passed without any grips. Now it's not a joke anymore, it's ridiculous. 
I don't know how much longer I'm willing to wait before I order a non-Yamaha set (which would be about 70% less expensive!). I would really like them now, please.

Jim, is this a local Yamaha dealer, or online? 
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

That really sucks, I've seen them on ebay a lot ( none currently, but was a couple last week ), also seems to be in stock here link. I'd tell your dealer he isnt trying hard enough, get your money back if he owes you, and shop around.

Ty

'05 Bandit 1200s ( Blue and White ) Bandit pic

2015 FJ-09 ( RED ) FJ-09 pic