What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Premium Member
My dealer just got back to me and quoted September 30. (...) 
I'm trying Cucamonga and the suggestion of someone on this forum (who will be nameless because I already can't remember who, but thank you! :-) because "what the hell." The worst that happens is that they can't get them either.

Cucamonga (aka yocracing.com) just got back to me and said that it's on "National backorder" until September 30. So, no luck there either.

2015 FJ-09 (Mary Kate)
2007 Daytona 675 (Tabitha, ret.)
1998 Vulcan 800 (Ret.)
2001 SV650S (Veronica, Ret.)
2000 Intruder 800 (Ret.)

They do hit the windshield, when doing garage maneuvers, but in normal day to day riding they don't. I did remove them while installing it, but it looked so ugly I went ahead and put them back on and see how bad it was, and it's acceptable, at least to me they are far from intruding in any riding maneuver, and I just try to be careful in the garage.
Anyway, I did order the handsavers from puig, I really like how they look.
I agree the hand guards from puig look really good with the windshield.  I wanted to order them but they are not carried by BS motorsports, where I had to order the screen.  I have not found anywhere to buy them.

I had the same problem I order directly from a PUIG distributor.

Another data point: I ordered my heated grips at Power Yamaha in Sublimity, OR in May. I just received them two weeks ago and installed them this weekend.
And another: Ordered my FJ-09 & heated grips on Jan 3. Picked up the bike & heated grips on Jan 15.

All y'all will hate this: I haven't yet installed the grips! I'll do it mid September, after the Canadian Assault.

FJ-09, 690 Enduro R.
Back Roads. Period.

I agree the hand guards from puig look really good with the windshield.  I wanted to order them but they are not carried by BS motorsports, where I had to order the screen.  I have not found anywhere to buy them.
I had the same problem I order directly from a PUIG distributor.
*sigh* I've contacted both Canadian distributors, directly contacted Puig USA, and scoured the internet.  No responses or results yet.  Maybe availability will improve next year...
//QED

• Premium Member
Installed my new Cal-Sci Touring windscreen and took it for a quick ride to get some dinner. I think I'm going to like it. Had it in the lowest setting and the seat in the higher setting (I'm 6'3") and I could ride at 50mph with the visor open and when I ducked down it was completely quiet. I think I'll run it in the highest setting and the seat in the lower setting when I use it... it's still to warm here for a tall screen.

Also removed my R&G Bar Ends (I didn't like the gap) and installed some Kawasaki ones like deersSlayer did in this post: http://fj-09.org/post/14239  I like the look better. We'll see how the vibrations are.

• Premium Member
Rode into work today. Does that count?

Not so sure I like the screen at 70-80 mph. Some buffeting and kinda a roar in the helmet, but the buffeting may has been because of traffic. Looks like I'll have some "testing" to do this weekend. :)

• Premium Member
I killed it leaving a stop light today. Felt soo dumb luckily I don't think anyone noticed lol
LOL, don't feel bad. The first few weeks I was getting used to my new FJ, I must have stalled it half a dozen times. And I've been riding motorcycles 30+ years!! :P 
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

Not so sure I like the screen at 70-80 mph. Some buffeting and kinda a roar in the helmet, but the buffeting may has been because of traffic. Looks like I'll have some "testing" to do this weekend. :)
You are not alone. And no, it was not the traffic.

• Premium Member
You are not alone. And no, it was not the traffic.
With the Cal-Sci touring screen?

Today I installed a Garmin Nuvi handlebar ball mount and the SW-Motech quick lock tank ring. I started to drill the holes for the mounting bracket on the Motech day bag, but my drill died  :(. Tomorrow I should have everything mounted up and I'll take a few pictures.

Hit 3k today so figured it was time to set the sag from close to 30% of travel with me on it.
Dialed out the 10mm extra that was there when delivered to me.
Also removed the couple mm of free play that appeared in the throttle.

• Premium Member
I installed a Evotech radiator guard. It was fairly straight forward, even without any instructions. You have to pull off most of the front bodywork To get to where it mounts. But it is not difficult and I feel it is worth it. I looks nice and appears that it will protect the radiator from all but the biggest rocks or debris. 
Mikengrace.
2015 Yamaha FJ-09. SWmoteck crash bars, OEM front and rear axle sliders, Second OEM electrical plug in, Garmin GPS and mount, Powerbronze lower chin fairing, accessory battery pig tail, Evotech radiator guard. Evotech clip on tank bag.
Fully farkled 2013 Kawasaki KLR650, to keep it company.